How to transition to Simplifi from classic?

Options
sunflowermom
sunflowermom Member
edited April 12 in Getting Started

This has been a slow process for me and I still feel like I'm struggling. I've been sick for over a week so I also got off track and am having to relearn what I had started to learn…so that hasn't helped either.

What would be SUPER helpful for me would be if someone out there had made a tutorial that guides people like me who have already been using Quicken Classic for years and years. My current register in Quicken Classic starts in 2006!! And shows them how to get the hang of the differences in Simplifi specifically in comparison to how we were used to doing it in Classic.

Do you know of anything out there like this? So far I've not found anything.

¸..· ´¨¨)) -:|:-
¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ ..·´ -:|:-
-:|:- ((¸¸.·´*

Tina

Quicken Classic user since 2006.
Quicken Simplifi User since March 2024.

Tagged:

Comments

• sunflowermom
    sunflowermom Member
    Options

While I'm waiting to see if anyone knows of a great tutorial like this…I will post what I am used to doing and see if y'all here can help guide me to how to do things now in Simplifi…

What I normally do when I open Classic (which I still have, since I've not let it go yet…need to understand Simplifi fully first!) is I do the one step update and have it check my online bank transactions and download anything new.

THEN, once the new transactions have been downloaded, I have to go one by one through anything new and check to see if they've been automatically matched with a register transaction or if they've been marked as new. I have to make sure that those are accurate, as they often don't match properly or they miss matching things that do actually already exist in my register…It's a very important step to making sure my register info is accurate.

How does this work in Simplifi? I haven't yet been able to figure this out…

¸.·´ .·´¨¨))

Tina

• Coach Jon
    Coach Jon Moderator admin
    Options

Hello @sunflowermom,

Thanks for reaching out. We understand it can be a little confusing switching from Quicken Classic to Quicken Simplifi. A great resource to have and reference would be our Getting Started article: https://help.simplifimoney.com/en/articles/4284318-getting-started-in-quicken-simplifi

It contains links to other articles of ours that go into more detail on each subject. In your case, I would suggest reading through this article on Managing Transactions as well: https://help.simplifimoney.com/en/articles/3348103-managing-transactions-in-quicken-simplifi

I hope this information helps in your transition to Quicken Simplifi. Let us know if you need more help!

Thanks,

Coach Jon

• sunflowermom
    sunflowermom Member
    Options

Thank you. I have been slowly working my way through things like this…but it doesn't specifically help me understand how Simplifi works in comparison to what I have been used to. It does seem like the company should have made a detailed tutorial to help those of us that have been loyal customers of Quicken for years to specifically transition from one to the other. Does that not exist? If it doesn't, someone should talk to Intuit about that and get something like that built. Because this transition is proving to be quite brutal and if you were working from a base of info from Classic and comparing how you will now do things, this would make SO MUCH MORE SENSE. Not only that but I can totally see people just choosing to not even bother with Simplifi after trying to figure it out…since it's so very different and too much work to figure out if Classic was working fine. But if you truly want people to move to Simplifi (or maybe the company doesn't care? They are fine with people staying with Classic?) helping this transition with SPECIFIC instructions on how things were in Classic vs how they now will be handled in Simplifi…that would make SO MUCH MORE SENSE.

I speak from experience on this idea, by the way…I work for a corporation that recently did away with a membership program and replaced it with a completely new one…and one of the things we learned while we, the staff, were figuring out how the new program worked was to HELP CUSTOMERS FROM THEIR EXISTING BASE OF KNOWLEDGE. Talk them through how they were used to it working previously and then explain how now things have changed specifically in comparison to what they are already used to. I have seen how that is completely a game changer. So I'm really quite surprised that Quicken doesn't seem to have figured this out? Or have they and I just have missed it somewhere?

¸.·´ .·´¨¨))

Tina

• Coach Jon
    Options

Hello @sunflowermom,

I understand where you are coming from. The programs are definitely different in some ways. Here is a great article that explains the differences between the two programs: https://help.simplifimoney.com/en/articles/6380989-what-s-the-difference-between-quicken-simplifi-and-quicken-classic

Thanks,

Coach Jon

• RobWilk
    RobWilk Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

For one, there is no "one step update" in QS, however at most once every 4-6 hours it will do a similar bank update assuming you log in (or if you're logged in, refresh). It will not ever update more than once every 4-6 hours, no matter how many times you refresh. Also, to tell if a transaction has been matched with a bank transaction, if you look at the transaction it will say "appears on your statement as" if it's been matched to a bank transaction.

I hope that helps @sunflowermom

Rob Wilkens

• sunflowermom
    sunflowermom Member
    Options

Ok this is more helpful, thank you! The side-by-side comparison is what I was looking for…going to dig in and see what I can learn. Thank you!

¸.·´ .·´¨¨))

Tina

• sunflowermom
    sunflowermom Member
    Options

Ok well that article started out great…but then it didn't really say much, unfortunately. Would have loved a whole lot more details.

¸.·´ .·´¨¨))

Tina

• Coach Jon
    Options

Hello @sunflowermom,

Is there anything specific that you need help with or any questions you need answered regarding Quicken Simplifi that I could help with? We would love to definitely help you understand the program, we just need a little more information on what exactly you need help with.

Thanks,

-Coach Jon

This discussion has been closed.