Northway Bank Care Code: FDP-103

Options
kferraro
kferraro Member

I originally had this bank connected, but now it keeps giving me this error. it's been three days. I've tried adding from scratch, but that didn't work either. Anything else to try?

Tagged:

Comments

• Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    edited March 14
    Options

@kferraro, thanks for posting to the Community regarding this issue!

When viewing your connection attempts from our end, I see that you've tried all 3 Northway Bank options listed in Quicken Simplifi and received the FDP-103 error (invalid credentials) with all of them. When clicking on the URL for all 3 options in Quicken Simplifi, the same page pulls up for the bank so I think all 3 should work for you, but is there a specific one that stands out to you that you think you should be using?

Also, are you able to click on the URL from within Quicken Simplifi and then log in to the page that opens for the bank?

The following steps should be followed to troubleshoot a 103 error:

1. Verify the bank being selected -- There may be several different versions of the same bank in the Add Account bank list, so be sure you're selecting the correct one. If you're not sure, compare the URLs shown for each bank.
    2. Verify your login information – Type your password/PIN into a text application to ensure you don’t have any typographical errors. Then, copy and paste your login information into Quicken Simplifi to ensure accuracy.
    3. Verify your login at the bank’s website – Try to sign in to your bank’s website using the same login credentials to ensure you've not locked yourself out of the account and that the credentials are still valid.
    4. Check for an app-specific password – Some banks require users to use a specific app password when connecting to a third party. Check with your bank to see if you need to use an app-specific password.
    5. Update your credentials – Try temporarily updating your password at your bank's website and then try again to connect to Quicken Simplifi. We recommend NOT using the following special characters: & < > / \.

Please let us know how it goes!

-Coach Natalie

• kferraro
    Options

Hi Thanks for getting back to me. I have clicked the link within Simplifi and can log in no problem. I have a password managing app (norton) so there is no risk of typing the password incorrectly. They do not have an app-specific password either. I changed my password and that was unsuccessful in resolving the issue as well. I do not have any of the special characters noted in my credentials.

Appreciate any assistance with next steps.

Kristin

• Coach Jon
    Coach Jon Moderator admin
    Options

Hello @kferraro,

Thanks for the information! If you could please provide answers to the questions below, this would help us better troubleshoot this issue for you. If you prefer to keep this information private you can send this information to me via a Direct Message.

1. The name of the account(s), as it appears in Quicken Simplifi.
    2. The name of the account(s), as it appears on the bank's website.
    3. Has there been any recent changes made to the bank's website or its sign-in process?
    4. What is the exact URL you use to log in to your account on the bank's website?
    5. What type of account(s) are you attempting to connect in Quicken Simplifi?
    6. A screenshot of the Accounts Summary page from the bank's website that lists all accounts and balances (feel free to redact any personal info) and has a wide enough scope to show the page URL (this must be taken from a web browser and not a mobile browser).
    7. The format of your password (DO NOT provide your actual password!). For example, "Quicken123$" would be coded as "Xxxxxxx###$", where a capital "X" indicates a capital letter, a lowercase "x" indicates a lowercase letter, and a "#" indicates numbers; the actual special characters used will need to be provided.

Thank You,

Coach Jon

• kferraro
    kferraro Member
    edited March 18
    Options

Here you go.

1. Pittsfield Checking & Pittsfield Mortgage
    2. Checking / CREM FXD 0001
    3. No
    4. https://www.northwaybank.com
    5. Checking Account & Liability account balance (mortgage)
    6. Attached
    7. [removed - privacy]

Thank you.

[removed attachment - privacy]

• Coach Natalie
    Options

@kferraro, thank you!

For item number 6, we need a screenshot of the Accounts Summary page from the bank's website (personal info redacted) that includes the page URL. The PDF you provided looks like something else and does not show a URL or anything along those lines. Once we obtain that piece of data from you, I can get this escalated.

-Coach Natalie

• kferraro
    Options

It was at the bottom of the PDf.

Let me know if this works.

• Coach Natalie
    edited March 15
    Options

@kferraro, we need to see the actual bank's website, not a PDF download. The screenshot needs to list all accounts, have any personal info redacted such as account numbers, and show the page URL in the URL bar at the top. The screenshot must also be taken from a web browser and not a mobile browser.

Sorry for the confusion, but I hope this helps clarify!

-Coach Natalie

• kferraro
    Options

I have a Mac so I can't figure out how to show the entire URL and screen shot. What I did was print the page to PDF and showed the URL at the bottom. All the accounts are included in the screen shot and has all the information on it. This was done on a web browser.

Do you know how I can satisfy this request while redacting from a Macbook?

• Coach Natalie
    Options

@kferraro, I have a Mac as well and I use Preview to redact info from screenshots. Do you have Preview on your Mac?

The other option would be to have you DM the unredacted screenshot and I can redact whatever needs redacted before submitting the image in the escalation. I can also email you a link to our Secure File Exchange if you prefer to upload the unredacted image there.

Sorry for the hassle, but I don't want them to kick the ticket back due to an unusable image. Thanks!

-Coach Natalie

• kferraro
    kferraro Member
    edited March 18
    Options

I didn't realize Preview did that! Thank you for sharing that info. Let's try this one and hope it works!

[removed attachment - privacy]

• Coach Natalie
    Options

@kferraro, perfect, thank you!

I got a ticket submitted for this issue and will let you know when we hear back.

-Coach Natalie

EWC-10919904

• Coach Natalie
    Options

@kferraro, we've heard back from our service provider on this, and they stated that it's a legitimate invalid credentials error. Can you please thoroughly follow all of the troubleshooting steps for a 103 error once again, specifically step 5, and let us know how it goes?

1. Verify the bank being selected -- There may be several different versions of the same bank in the Add Account bank list, so be sure you're selecting the correct one. If you're not sure, compare the URLs shown for each bank.
    2. Verify your login information – Type your password/PIN into a text application to ensure you don’t have any typographical errors. Then, copy and paste your login information into Quicken Simplifi to ensure accuracy.
    3. Verify your login at the bank’s website – Try to sign in to your bank’s website using the same login credentials to ensure you've not locked yourself out of the account and that the credentials are still valid.
    4. Check for an app-specific password – Some banks require users to use a specific app password when connecting to a third party. Check with your bank to see if you need to use an app-specific password.
    5. Update your credentials – Try temporarily updating your password at your bank's website and then try again to connect to Quicken Simplifi. We recommend NOT using the following special characters: & < > / \.

Thank you!

-Coach Natalie

• kferraro
    Options

Confirmed that none of the above worked, and that by clicking the link on the option I chose I entered the same credentials leveraging Norton Password manager (same as within Quicken) and my log in was successful. I do not have any of the noted characters in my password.

• Coach Natalie
    Options

@kferraro, thank you!

I resubmitted the ticket and will let you know when we hear back again.

-Coach Natalie

• Coach Natalie
    Options

@kferraro, hey again!

The escalation came back again stating that this is a legit invalid credentials error. I want to try one more time, and then I'll go ahead and get the issue submitted using a different (but longer) escalation path. To resubmit this ticket one last time, please complete the following steps again:

1. Verify your login at the bank’s website – Try to sign in to your bank’s website using the same login credentials to ensure you've not locked yourself out of the account and that the credentials are still valid.
    2. Update your credentials – Try temporarily updating your password at your bank's website and then try again to connect to Quicken Simplifi. We recommend NOT using the following special characters: & < > / \

If the issue persists, they'd like fresh data as follows:

1. A screenshot of the Accounts Summary page from the bank's website that lists all accounts and balances, has any private info such as account numbers redacted, and has a wide enough scope to show the page URL (this must be taken from a web browser and not a mobile browser).
    2. A screenshot of the FDP-103 error that's presented in Quicken Simplifi when attempting to connect to Northway Bank.

Thanks so much!

-Coach Natalie

• Coach Natalie
    Options

@kferraro, have you been able to take a look at this, by chance?

-Coach Natalie

• kferraro
    kferraro Member
    edited March 26
    Options

Hello,

I just did this, and still the same error. screenshots attached.

[removed - privacy]

• Coach Natalie
    Options

@kferraro, thank you!

Fingers crossed we get somewhere this time! I'll keep you posted. 🙂

-Coach Natalie

• Coach Natalie
    Options

@kferraro, sadly, I'm still getting the runaround. I went ahead and filed the other type of ticket for this issue, though it will probably be a while before we hear anything back on that one. I'll keep you posted.

Thanks!

-Coach Natalie

CTP-9570

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.