Ability to view Spending Plan for the whole year

Options
Micha9
Micha9 Member
edited March 15 in Feature Requests

It is wonderful we can view and modify current and future spending plan Month by Month.

Could you put a Tab that shows Spending Plan for the Year. Bonus if we can see Last Year and Next Year

10 votes

Active · Last Updated

Comments

• ajbopp
    ajbopp Superuser ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 15
    Options

I could use a little more detail on what sort of data you are looking for. What information would you like to see displayed in a yearly spending plan, and how do you imagine it would be presented?

My own preference would be something like the Cash Flow report, but for 12 months rather than the current max of 6, and that includes planned spending and savings goals.

Anthony Bopp
    Simplifi User Since July 2022
    Money talks. But all my paycheck ever says is goodbye

• Micha9
    Micha9 Member
    Options

Personally, I have not been able to understand the cashflow report well as it's just a graph and doesn't have an easy to see summary data. Would be nice to have data tables wherever there are graphs. Additionally, as you noted, it doesn't contain spending information.

I love the way spending plan is designed and I see more improvement each time. What I am asking for is an ability to see a Year the same way we see a month. Editing is not necessary as we can edit the plan using the Month to Month view but rather a view that show us our planned spending for the current year, previous year and possible next year. This is useful for people like me who have more than one source of income, some regular, some irregular. I may have a large expected income two months from now and lots of expenses before then. However, at the moment, there is no way of checking if I'll get even for the year unless I do month to month analysis manually.

• ajbopp
    ajbopp Superuser ✭✭✭✭
    Options

I see. I think if the cash flow report worked well it could solve this need, though I question the value of a table. A year-long table seems like a lot of noise.

Anthony Bopp

• kdv
    kdv Member
    Options

yes! when I chose to move from mint to simplifi I understood there was a spending plan (budget) and i assumed that included annual. I dont want to have to add all my expenses for various categories to coe up with needed figures for my taxes at the end of the year. I'm new to simplifi so maybe i just haven't figured it out yet? Thx!

• ajbopp
    ajbopp Superuser ✭✭✭✭
    Options

@kdv I think the Spending Report should provide what you need for tax purposes.

Anthony Bopp

• Charlie O
    Options

I totally agree with Micha9. Quicken Simplifi will be MUCH MORE useful to me if I can see YTD data and TOTAL YEAR data for actual spending vs the budgeted plan. Single month data is good, but need the longer YTD and total year options, like Mint had.

• EMR
    EMR Member
    Options

@ajbopp It would be incredibly helpful to see the yearly spending report data (table or chart or both) to show how much is available in the year, which is not available in the cash flow today. The feature should allow us to select any number of years past and future for the report, so we can see how money moved and will move.

Another excellent feature would be to 'plan' for some bills that are currently not active.

Think about this scenario: My spending plan for the current year shows that I have X amount of money available. It would be great to add a 'planned or future' bill, let's assume a car, so now we can see if the new bill can be covered with the current income/bills/planned spending, without changing the numbers. And since the report can show any number of years, I can review how money moves in the next 4/5 years until the new car bill is completed.