Simplifi not syncing unless I log in.

Options
snovvman
snovvman Member

I am parallel testing Simplifi and Monarch. I liked that Simplifi synced when I log in, but it does not sync UNLESS I log in. I have notifications set up for transactions and deposits, and if I don't log in, I get no notifications. I can wait several days and through many transactions, there are never any notifications until I log in. Then the push notification and email show up. The documented 4-6 hours is not working for me. Again, it only syncs if I log in or refresh the Simplifi page.

https://help.simplifimoney.com/en/articles/5538663-how-often-does-quicken-simplifi-update-my-accounts

Tagged:

Comments

• ejs
    ejs Member ✭✭
    Options

I too don't receive email notifications unless and until I log in to Simplifi. I know I've seen other complaints about this in the forum, but I just tried searching and can't find them. I don't know if this is an issue with accounts not syncing unless/until log-in, or just email notifications not being sent unless/until log-in. Either way, it should be fixed — if email notifications are not sent unless/until log-in, that defeats their purpose.

• snovvman
    snovvman Member
    Options

Agreed. There are plenty of Reddit threads saying the same. My belief is that sync is not happening because when I first log in, the transactions are not there and only appear after a period of time - presumably that is when Simplifi is syncing.

• mrzoops
    mrzoops Member ✭✭
    Options

This is exactly as they describe. It only ever syncs when you log in. But banks and institutions will not update any sooner than 4-6 hours. Meaning if you log in at 10am, everything syncs. If you go back and log in at 12pm, the banks will not update again.

It will never do a sync without you logging in.

• snovvman
    snovvman Member
    Options

This is the most clear explanation I got. Thank you. It made the link I posted from Simplifi's article more clear. Though, this makes account alerts rather useless because if I do not log in, there will be no alerts for transactions, deposits, etc.

Moreover, if, for example, I do not log in for six months and the intuition only syncs three months worth of data, there would then be three months of missing data. My intended use for Simplifi is as an aggregator to keep all my financial transactions in one place, be able to search for them, and get notifications based on my criteria. I did not plan to log into Simplifi regularly, but I suppose I will have to just to keep the sync fresh.

Empower (Personal Capital) and Monarch both sync on their own, without me having to log in. It would seem like an essential feature for Simplifi.

• Coach Jon
    Coach Jon Moderator admin
    Options

Hello @mrzoops and @snovvman,

Thanks for reaching out to the community! We do have an already existing Idea Post concerning this topic here:

Go ahead and vote for it if you would like and be sure to follow afterward for updates!

Thanks,

Coach Jon

This discussion has been closed.