Acorns FDP-106

Options

Anyone facing the issue with Acorns update. Gives me the FDP 106 message.

Thanks!

Tagged:

Comments

• charliescarface
    charliescarface Member ✭✭
    Options

Same. A trip down their bot driven help said it's a known issue and they're working on it. It's been a problem for me for perhaps a week.

• Coach Jon
    Coach Jon Moderator admin
    edited March 11
    Options

Hello @Luvy Arora,

Thanks for reaching out about your issue! Generally, users receive this error if an account name or number has changed at their financial institution. For clarification, are you updating your Acorns account, or trying to add a new account?

Thanks,

Coach Jon

• MakeItHurt82
    MakeItHurt82 Member ✭✭
    Options

I'm having the same issue. I didn't make any changes to my acorns account, but just started getting this error. Simplifi also won't let me reconnect, even though I successfully can log in to my Acorns account on their website.

• Rick_B
    Rick_B Member
    edited March 12
    Options

My brokerage account at Acorns is working fine, but Simplifi has lost connection to the Roth IRA account at Acorns. When I try to reconnect, it tells me that I've already added all accounts at the institution. I realize this might be related to the already open issue posted a week ago or so. (edit: I get "Care: 324" as the error)

• rbjester
    rbjester Member
    edited March 12
    Options

Same problem; is there an update available somewhere?

Its the main brokerage account that is not working. When attempting to "reset" the connection, it finds other accounts like checking, early, etc..; but the main brokerage. My wife only has the main Acorns account, and is receiving FDP-101

• Coach Jon
    Options

Hello all,

We will need some more information to troubleshoot and possibly escalate this issue. If someone who is experiencing the issue could provide this information that would be great!

The first thing we will need to know is if you are Adding an account for the first time or Updating an account. If it is the latter, please try resetting the account via Settings > Account > Reset. If you continue to receive this error after resetting your account, you may need to make your accounts manual before walking through the Add Account process again. It's important that you ensure you're linking your accounts to the ones already existing in Quicken Simplifi. Let us know how this goes, please!

Thanks,

Coach Jon

• Rick_B
    Rick_B Member
    Options

When I did Settings>Account>Reset, I lost connection to the Acorns Brokerage account, but it fixed the Acorns Roth IRA account. I made the brokerage account Manual, then reset the connection, and the same thing happened. The Roth account works, but the brokerage account is not found, or available to be added.

• Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    Options

@Rick_B, it sounds like you're experiencing something different than an FDP-106 error with Acorns. I'd suggest creating a new post to outline your separate issue so it can be looked at accordingly.

Thanks!

-Coach Natalie

• Creck
    Creck Unconfirmed, Member
    Options

Approximately a week ago I noticed that my Acorns balanced showed $0. I tried to reset the connection, but the account then fully disappeared from my list of accounts. I have tried to reestablish an account but I keep receiving the "Care Code: FDP-106" error message.

• str8vegas
    Options

I had my acorns account active and was reporting everything but now the error is ( This usually happens if an account nickname or number has changed at your bank. To fix you must reconnect your account.
    Care Code: FDP-106 ) … nothing change on my account and I now can't connect and get the error

• Coach Jon
    Options

Hello @str8vegas,

Thanks for reaching out! Have you tried the steps I gave in my prior post in this thread?

If you haven't, please try these steps and let us know how that works out for you!

Thanks,

Coach Jon

• Coach Natalie
    Options

Hey everyone!

For anyone receiving an FDP-106 error with Acorns, we are trying to get some cases escalated so we can get the issue in front of our engineering team. To do so, we need the following done:

If the account receiving the error already exists in Quicken Simplifi, please follow these steps to attempt to establish a completely fresh connection with the bank:

1. Make all of the accounts with Acorns manual by following the steps here.
    2. Once you see the account(s) listed in the Manual Accounts section under Settings > Accounts, go back through the Add Account flow to reconnect to the bank.
    3. If the connection is successful, carefully link the account(s) found to your existing Quicken Simplifi account(s) by following the steps here.

If you are receiving this error when connecting to Acorns for the first time -OR- if the above steps do not resolve the error for an existing account, please provide the following data for an escalation:

1. If applicable, the name of the account, as it appears in Quicken Simplifi.
    2. The name of the account, as it appears on the bank's website.
    3. What type of account are you attempting to connect?
    4. Has there been any changes made to the bank's website or the sign-in process recently?
    5. Has there been any activity in the account in the last 90 days?
    6. A screenshot of the Accounts Summary page from the bank's website that lists all accounts and balances (feel free to redact any personal info) and has a wide enough scope to show the page URL (this must be taken from a web browser and not a mobile browser).

Thanks!

-Coach Natalie

• Creck
    Creck Unconfirmed, Member
    Options

I have tried these steps and none of them have worked.

• benleclair
    Options

My Acorns also stopped syncing, so I followed all of the steps above.

Now it won’t even let me link my main account, only my child’s account. (Under the same login.)

• Greg Fulkerson
    Options

Does not connect to brokerage account. Error message says Care FDB-106.

It quit working a couple weeks ago.

• David S.
    Options

Initially added Acorns and synchronized transactions w/out problems. Then, noticed transactions not refreshing so tried reconnecting account, started getting above error code. Added Acorns as manual account and then tried to re-add Acorns, same error code.

• Serana
    Serana Member
    Options

I received this error when attempting to connect to Acorns for the first time.

• DGar
    DGar Member
    Options

Having the same issue as the others for about two weeks now: Previously connected and working Acorns Invest account stopped syncing, and gave FDP-106 on attempting to reconnect. No changes in Acorns login credentials which should have caused this. Followed the steps from Natalie but didn't fix.

1. Switched existing Acorns account to manual.
    2. Went back through Add Account screen and selected Acorns.
    3. Entered in Acorns username and password during Add Account screen, but Simplifi fails to connect and gives error FDP-106.

Not sure what else to say other than that my login credentials are correct and still work directly through Acorns site, so not a user error situation there. Posting here in case it helps speed up escalation.

• Coach Natalie
    Options

Thank you all for giving the steps a try! Now we need everyone to provide the required info for an escalation:

1. If applicable, the name of the account, as it appears in Quicken Simplifi.
    2. The name of the account, as it appears on the bank's website.
    3. What type of account are you attempting to connect?
    4. Has there been any changes made to the bank's website or the sign-in process recently?
    5. Has there been any activity in the account in the last 90 days?
    6. A screenshot of the Accounts Summary page from the bank's website that lists all accounts and balances (feel free to redact any personal info) and has a wide enough scope to show the page URL (this must be taken from a web browser and not a mobile browser).

If you prefer to share this information privately, our Support Team is also aware that we need to escalate some cases for this and would be happy to do so.

-Coach Natalie

• benleclair
    Options

I was able to re-add my brokerage account just now.

• Luvy Arora
    Options

Still having issues post following the steps listed above

This discussion has been closed.