Firstrade, Care Code: FDP-106

Options
tjipz
tjipz Member

Firstrade Securities Inc.
https://www.firstrade.com/

Error:

This usually happens if an account nickname or number has changed at your bank. To fix you must reconnect your account.
Care Code: FDP-106

I can login fine from the institution website and I've also checked empower, they able to connect to the account.

Tagged:

Comments

• Coach Jon
    Coach Jon Moderator admin
    Options

Hello @tjipz,

Thank you for reaching out! To clarify, are you updating an existing account in Quicken Simplif or adding a new account? We will need to know to determine what our next steps are for your situation.

Additionally, have you tried using a different browser or incognito mode if you are using the web application?

Thanks,

Coach Jon

• tjipz
    tjipz Member
    Options

adding a new account

• Coach Jon
    edited March 20
    Options

Hello @tjipz,

Thanks for the reply! So that we may get this escalated, could you please answer the questions below?

1. The name of the account, as it appears on the bank's website.
    2. What type of account are you attempting to connect?
    3. Has there been any changes made to the bank's website or the sign-in process recently?
    4. Has there been any activity in the account in the last 90 days?
    5. A screenshot of the Accounts Summary page from the bank's website that lists all accounts and balances (feel free to redact any personal info) and has a wide enough scope to show the page URL (this must be taken from a web browser and not a mobile browser).

Thanks,

Coach Jon

• tjipz
    tjipz Member
    edited March 20
    Options

1. The name of the account, as it appears on the bank's website.

{account number}-Individual

1. What type of account are you attempting to connect?

Individual brokerage account

1. Has there been any changes made to the bank's website or the sign-in process recently?

no

1. Has there been any activity in the account in the last 90 days?

yes

1. A screenshot of the Accounts Summary page from the bank's website that lists all accounts and balances (feel free to redact any personal info) and has a wide enough scope to show the page URL (this must be taken from a web browser and not a mobile browser).

• Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    Options

@tjipz, thanks for providing the requested information!

I went to get this escalated, but it looks like it already was escalated for you just a couple of weeks ago due to an interaction you had with Chat Support. Since the issue has already been escalated, we won't be able to do so again. It appears that this is a known issue that our service provider is aware of and working on. Our Chat Team reached back out to you to let you know this as well, so please be sure to check your Messages in the Help Center and follow up with the agent if you have any additional questions.

Otherwise, I hope they get this issue resolved for you soon! For now, I'd suggest just continuing to try every so often.

-Coach Natalie

• today32
    today32 Member
    edited April 12
    Options

Is there any update to this? Me and 3 others are also having the same issue when trying to add accounts from Firstrade.

Seems like Firstrade added a 2-factor authentication a couple of months ago, maybe that needs to get integrated? They ask for a code from a text message, and that authentication lasts 30 days I think.

• Coach Jon
    Options

Hello @today32,

Thanks for reaching out! To clarify, you are adding a new account into Quicken Simplifi correct? We will need to know to determine what our next steps are for your situation. Additionally, have you tried using a different browser or incognito mode if you are using the web application?

Thanks,

Coach Jon

• today32
    today32 Member
    edited April 12
    Options

I opened a case through a chat session and provided them with a bunch of info. Fingers crossed that the developers can figure out what Firstrade did to break the connection. Thanks @Coach Jon!

🤞

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.