AMEX still requires 2FA every single Sync if you have a savings account

Options
contactcr
contactcr Member

How is this still an issue years later? Other aggregators can figure it out/work around it but it appears there is still no resolution to having to deal with MFA every single sync if you have an amex savings account. It's especially annoying since most people that have them for savings also have a credit card which will have frequent transactions.

All I see are closed posts with no resolution, no eta, no indication that anything is being attempted on Quicken's end.

Tagged:

Comments

• Coach Jon
    Coach Jon Moderator admin
    Options

Hello @contactcr,

Thanks for reaching out! Per this article, "Some banks have increased their security measures to protect your financial information and require verification with each connection attempt. Due to this change, you might be asked to complete a multifactor authentication (MFA) with each account refresh in Quicken Simplifi.

While we understand how frustrating this may be, this process is in place to protect you and your account information. We don't have a way to prevent these requests."

Thanks,

Coach Jon

• contactcr
    contactcr Member
    Options

I think I found a work around that probably only works because I have an older Savings account from before they went to single sign on.

I have savings (only) added with FSB but the catch is I had to use my old "Personal Savings" login that doesn't even work on their site anymore.

I have credit cards working with the OAUTH API which only brings in the CC's right now.

This discussion has been closed.