Gas Electric Credit Union no longer working (edited)

Options
DFF
DFF Member
edited March 25 in Bills and Income

Gas & Electric Credit Union changed banking cores at the beginning of March. Simplify is still connecting to their old core, which isn't getting updated data. They are now using secureonline for their core. Can this be fixed?

https://www.gaselectriccu.com/ is the bank website, when logging in it now takes you to, https://www.securecuonline.com/gaselectriccu/Login.aspx

Tagged:

Comments

• Coach Jon
    Coach Jon Moderator admin
    Options

Hello @DFF,

Thanks for reaching out! I verified on our side that we have an instance in Quicken Simplifi that connects to the URL you gave: Gas & Electric CU. If your account isn't connecting properly, are you getting an error code when attempting, or is the account itself just not updating?

Thanks,

Coach Jon

• DFF
    DFF Member
    Options

The account had been still connecting but I knew it was connecting to the old banking core because my password had changed on the new core and yet Simplifi continued to connect fine with the old password and it has not gotten any updated transactions after 1 March. With that said, when I try now to update the username and password, it fails. Now that Gas & Electric CU is connecting is using a different URL/core for logins, I don't think Simplifi is connecting to it properly. Can you verify that Simplifi is trying to connect to secureonline dot com for the login?

• Coach Kristina
    Coach Kristina Moderator admin
    Options

Thank you for your reply @DFF,

When I check on our end, I can see that you've started getting FDP-103 (invalid credentials) errors. If Gas & Electric CU changed their URL and didn't notify our aggregation partner of the change, that could be a cause of the issue.

To rule out more common causes of this issue, please try these troubleshooting steps:

• Verify the bank being selected -- There may be several different versions of the same bank in the Add Account bank list, so be sure you're selecting the correct one. If you're not sure, compare the URLs shown for each bank.
    • Verify your login information – Type your password/PIN into a text application to ensure you don’t have any typographical errors. Then, copy and paste your login information into Quicken Simplifi to ensure accuracy.
    • Verify your login at the bank’s website – Try to sign in to your bank’s website using the same login credentials to ensure you've not locked yourself out of the account and that the credentials are still valid.
    • Check for an app-specific password – Some banks require users to use a specific app password when connecting to a third party. Check with your bank to see if you need to use an app-specific password.
    • Update your credentials – Try temporarily updating your password at your bank's website and then try again to connect to Quicken Simplifi. We recommend NOT using the following special characters: & < > / \.

Please let me know how it goes!

-Coach Kristina

• DFF
    DFF Member
    Options

It does indeed appear they haven't notified your aggregator.

• Coach Jon
    Coach Jon Moderator admin
    Options

Hello @DFF,

Thanks for your reply! Were you able to try the troubleshooting steps @Coach Kristina gave you in her prior reply to you above?

Please let us know!

Thanks,

Coach Jon

• DFF
    DFF Member
    Options

Yes, I tried the steps outlined and they did not work.

• Coach Kristina
    Coach Kristina Moderator admin
    edited April 1
    Options

Thank you for your reply,

Thank you for trying those troubleshooting steps. We will need the following information to investigate the issue further:

1. The name of the account, as it appears in Quicken Simplifi.
    2. The name of the account, as it appears on the bank's website.
    3. You mentioned they changed banking cores. Have there been any other recent changes in your banking website? If there are changes, what are those?
    4. Is the link you mentioned earlier, https://www.securecuonline.com/gaselectriccu/Login.aspx, still the URL (web address) you use when logging into your account? If it is different, please provide the updated URL.
    5. What type of accounts are you adding (banking, investment, debt, etc.)?
    6. A screenshot of the Accounts Summary page from the bank's website that lists all accounts and balances (feel free to redact any personal info) and has a wide enough scope to show the page URL (this must be taken from a web browser and not a mobile browser).
    7. Provide the FORMAT of the your password (NEVER provide the actual password!). For example, the password of "Quicken123$" would be "Xxxxxxx###$." Provide any specific special character(s) in the your password (AGAIN, DO NOT provide your actual password!). We recommend to NOT use the following special characters & < > / \.

If you are not comfortable providing this information in this thread, it is okay to send the information via direct message.

Thank you!

-Coach Kristina

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.