Add Payees List/Ability to Manage Payees (edited)

Options
The Donovan
The Donovan Member
edited May 2023 in Feature Requests

Hello! I’ve been using Simplifi for a few months now and I’m starting to really clean up transactions for reporting. It would be great if there was a simple place where we could see all of the Payees in one location so that we can rename or merge with other Payees if they are the same since different banks push the Payee names differently.

Tagged:
16 votes

Active · Last Updated

Comments

• purdnost
    purdnost Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I concur. There should be a “Payees” section alongside the “Categories” section in Settings.

I wanted to update a payee name just this morning to be more descriptive and I had to manually search for all instances in All Transactions and rename them manually.
  • cgoneal
    cgoneal Member
    Options

There has to be a way of removing old payees that do not get used any longer. Or, payees that come in one way, and then you correct them. When you do that the old payee remains in the list. Seeing all these payees that never get used is cumbersome and annoying. Not to name drop but your product Quicken allows you to remove old payees and merge them as well. So does the other great application YNAB. To be competitive I feel you need to have this ability.

• Flopbot
    Flopbot Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2023
    Options

@cgoneal I understand the desire for this ability and voted accordingly above. Just want to make sure that I addressed your one point.

The way I understand it, currently the thing that causes something to be remembered in the payee list is if its EVER been used in ANY of your registers. If a payee downloads as ‘Small Business xyz’ and you correct it to ‘Small Business’, it will be dropped from the recommended payee list unless you happened to miss changing one of several transactions from a few years back. With a little sluthing, it is possible to completely remove an old, incorrect payee from that list. Yes, it can be tedious.

Chris
    Quicken Desktop user since 2014.
    New to Simplifi in 2021.