Revoking Data Sharing to Mint after moving to Simplifi

Options
pwhelan81
pwhelan81 Member
edited April 25 in Troubleshooting

I have completed the move from Mint to Simplifi and am now trying to clean up data sharing that I have granted to Intuit for Mint in each of my banking and credit accounts. However I see something worrisome : See figures below that show a mention of "via Intuit" and "connected by Intuit" in regards to the access I have granted Quicken .

1. Can I assume the Quicken line is the Simplifi access ?
  2. Does Simplifi REALLY still depend ON Intuit for these connections or is this just old verbiage from the past where
  3. Can I remove the "Intuit" access without affecting the "Quicken (via Intuit)" connections?

-Quicken Desktop 2005-2014
-Mint 2014-2023
-Simplifi in Jan 2024 (fleeing from Credit Kharma)
-Excel forever!!!

Tagged:

Best Answer

• Coach Jon
    Coach Jon Moderator admin
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hello @pwhelan81,

Thanks for reaching out! I can definitely answer your questions here.

1. Yes, Quicken would be for Simplifi Access
    2. Quicken Simplifi still uses Intuit for aggregation.
    3. The Intuit access should have no bearing on aggregation for Quicken Simplifi, but you can reach out to your bank to confirm this before taking action.

Thanks,

Coach Jon

Answers

• pwhelan81
    pwhelan81 Member
    Options

I confirm this answer. I revoked the Intuit data sharing on an AMEX and BoA acct and Credit Kharma immediately lost access while Simplifi continued to work. Thanks!

-Mint 2014-2023
    -Excel forever!!!

• pwhelan81
    pwhelan81 Member
    Options

Weeeellll….not quite as simple as it should be. I am going through revoking intuit I have run into some oddities.

1. for Discover cards, it ONLY shows "Intuit" as granted access. It does not show quicken (see figure1 below). Perhaps this is due to simplifi using some OTHER path to get Discover account info?
    2. for USbank. When I revoked Intuit, it also revoked Simplifi at the same time! As of an hour later…simplifi is still getting to USbank accounts but expect this to break eventually. Will wait to see if simplifi loses USBANK access…and then add it back if so
    3. for PNC, Synchrony, Venmo, Wells Fargo, I can't find any screen to revoke the access

Just sharing here in case you run into the same thing.

Figure 1

Figure 2

-Mint 2014-2023
    -Excel forever!!!

• UrsulaA
    UrsulaA Superuser ✭✭✭✭
    Options

If I were in your shoes, I would revoke all third-party app access on the bank's site and then reset/re-establish the connection to Simplifi using the procedure below.

Make a 'Connected' Account a 'Manual' Account
    1. Hover over the panel on the left-hand side and select Settings.
    2. Select Accounts.
    3. Locate the Account you'd like to make 'manual' and click the three dots at the end of it.
    4. Select Make manual.
    5. Click Make Manual to confirm.

Once done, the account will be moved down to the Manual Accounts section.

Make a 'Manual' Account a 'Connected' Account

1. Go through the Add Account flow and connect to the bank by following the steps here.
    2. When the list of accounts is presented from the bank, carefully link the accounts found to your existing Quicken Simplifi accounts by following the steps here.

https://help.simplifimoney.com/en/articles/5321064-how-to-make-an-account-manual#h_4e4c53a2d0

Simplifi User Since Nov 2023

Minter 2014-2023

Questionable Excel before 2014 to present

• pwhelan81
    pwhelan81 Member
    Options

Confirming that after removing "Intuit" from US Bank, that it somehow ALSO removed Quicken at the same time. LaterSimplifi lost access to USbank. Went to Simplifi and reconnnected USBank and now it shows only Quicken under data sharing on US Bank site. Seems a bug in US Bank site

-Mint 2014-2023
    -Excel forever!!!

This discussion has been closed.