Morgan Stanley Wealth Management does not work with Simplifi

Options
Kalkrish
Kalkrish Member ✭✭

My old E-Trade accounts are now migrated to the Morgan Stanley version of the account at the URL https://login.morganstanleyclientserv.com/ux/

I found an old thread here that is now closed, where it was suggested that adding the account via the "Citi Smith Barney IRA" should work, and some others reported success with this. However, when I try it, it does not connect. I have verified the username/password multiple times to make sure they are correct.

Just to note, this is a new account that has been created in the past week; not sure if that has any relevance to this issue.

Please help! This is a MAJOR issue for me.

Tagged:

Comments

• Coach Jon
    Coach Jon Moderator admin
    Options

Hello @Kalkrish ,

Thanks for posting to the community! For clarity on your situation, could you let us know if you are receiving any errors when attempting to connect your account? Is the account connecting, but not updating, or not connecting in general? This would help us better understand your situation and what to do next.

Thanks,

Coach Jon

• Kalkrish
    Kalkrish Member ✭✭
    Options

Update: Third Party Data Sharing is not enabled in the Morgan Stanley account by default. You have to explicitly enable it. Once it was done, I was able to use the Morgan Stanley setting on Simplifi (rather than the Citi Smith Barney setting), and found and connected to the account. However, the balance and transactions are not updating, with the error "We are not able to connect to Morgan Stanley at this time". Hopefully, this is just a temporary issue, and will fix itself over time. I will post back either way after a day to let things settle out.

• Kalkrish
    Kalkrish Member ✭✭
    Options

Update: The account balances and transactions populated after some time. We can close this now!

• Coach Jon
    Coach Jon Moderator admin
    Options

Hello @Kalkrish ,

I'm glad your issue was resolved. Thanks for letting us know!

-Coach Jon

• Kalkrish
    Kalkrish Member ✭✭
    Options

Also, not sure if this has been mentioned elsewhere - but the Citi Smith Barney hack is no longer needed. You can simply choose Morgan Stanley (not the Stock Plan version, but the other one), and connect to MS Wealth Management. The reason I mention this is that when you search for Morgan Stanley on the board, the other one comes up, and may confuse new users.

This discussion has been closed.