Re-associating bills and payments when reconnecting accounts?

Options
Matt Y
Matt Y Member ✭✭

I noticed a new feature when reconnecting an account today. You must choose what bills and payments to associate, when they’re already associated. I backed out at the income step and it deleted my paycheck series. Who knows what it would have done to my other bills.

What is this feature and how do I know it’s safe to accept what’s presented?

Matt

At least it’s better than a spreadsheet.

Tagged:

Comments

• Coach Kristina
    Coach Kristina Moderator admin
    Options

Hello @Matt Y,

To assist with this issue, please provide more information. What financial institution did this issue happen with? What kind of account were you reconnecting? Was this an account you had made manual and were reconnecting through the Add Account process? If not, then were you resetting the account? At what point in the process of reconnecting the account did you get the prompt to choose which bills/payments to associate with it?

I look forward to your reply!

-Coach Kristina

• Matt Y
    Matt Y Member ✭✭
    Options
    • USAA
    • Trying to re-connect Savings, which lost connectivity months ago. All other accounts fine
    • Discovered normally along with other USAA accounts
    • Prompted to choose bills/payments after selecting the other accounts without problems. The Savings account has simply disappeared.

I’ve been through this about ten times with no success. This is just the first time I was prompted about bills/payments. I’ve given up on that Savings account and will have it closed.

Matt

At least it’s better than a spreadsheet.

• Coach Kristina
    Coach Kristina Moderator admin
    Options

Thank you for your reply,

Were you able to get a screenshot of that prompt for bills/payments? If you do have a screenshot, would you please post it, making sure to redact any personal information? Does it come up every time you try to reconnect, or was it a one time thing? You mentioned that the account was discovered normally, but then disappeared. Do you mean it failed to connect, or do you mean the entire account vanished from your Quicken Simplifi app?

Thank you!

-Coach Kristina

This discussion has been closed.