Spending / Income for past six months displays incorrectly until refresh

Options
swiggity
swiggity Member
edited March 27 in Report a Bug

I am seeing an issue where my income/spending for the past six months on the main dashboard page are not being displayed correctly. Only the 3 most recent months show data, while the other 3 show $0. If I open the income or spending report, this also happens. However, if I select a different time period, then select 6 months again the values shown are correct.

I have a video of this as well, but it shows a lot of personal info so I'd prefer to only share it directly if needed.

I took a look at the network console and it seems that on the initial six month request the dates don't match the UI - the query being sent is only requesting transaction data for 3 months.

https://services.quicken.com/transactions?modifiedAfter=2024-03-27T02:12:56Z&limit=5000&dateOnAfter=2023-12-31

When I select a different time period then go back to the six month period a request is sent that gets the missing transaction data - https://services.quicken.com/transactions?limit=5000&dateOnAfter=2023-09-30&dateOnBefore=2024-01-01

Tagged:

Comments

• Coach Jon
    Coach Jon Moderator admin
    Options

Hello @swiggity,

Thanks for reaching out to the community! I would suggest that you try from a different browser or maybe incognito mode to see if this issue is perhaps specific to your primary browser or browser extensions. Let us know if that works!

Thanks,

Coach Jon

• swiggity
    swiggity Member
    Options

@Coach Jon I'm seeing the same behavior on chrome (both normal and incognito windows) as well as Firefox. I've tested it on two different PCs (both windows 10) as well

• Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    Options

@swiggity, thanks for giving that a try and confirming!

Would you mind DMing me the video here in the Community so we can take a look at it and determine if a dataset-specific bug ticket is needed? Alternatively, I can email you a link to our Secure File Exchange and you can upload the video there.

Much appreciated!

-Coach Natalie

• swiggity
    swiggity Member
    edited March 28
    Options

@Coach Natalie Sent you a DM with the link to the video showing the bug and associated incorrect network requests

• Coach Natalie
    Options

@swiggity, got the video — thank you!

Yes, we can certainly use the video to get this issue escalated. To clarify, does the same thing happen with the Spending Dashboard tile (it looks like it from your video), and does the same behavior result in the Spending Report when clicking on the tile? We also need the following additional data for the escalation:

1. The browser and browser version you're accessing the Quicken Simplifi Web App from.
    2. The OS of the computer you're accessing Quicken Simplifi from.

Please also submit your logs via the 'Send Feedback' option:

1. Log into the Quicken Simplifi Web App.
    2. Select Profile from the left-hand navigation bar.
    3. With the Profile menu open, hold down the Option key for Mac or the Alt key for Windows, and then click Send Feedback
    4. Leave all boxes checked, add a brief description of the issue, and then click Send.

-Coach Natalie

• swiggity
    swiggity Member
    Options

The spending tile on the main page has the same problem, but when I click on it it defaults to the one month report which shows correctly. The issue only seems to happen in the reports pages when the 6 month report is loaded by default, which only happens on the income side.

I'm on Windows 10 and Chrome 123.0.6312.86 (Official Build) (64-bit)

I've sent in feedback as requested - reference id 425983117144713476

• Coach Natalie
    Options

@swiggity, thanks!

I have gotten this issue escalated and will let you know when we hear back.

-Coach Natalie

SIMPL-20345

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.