FDP-106 Error With Merrill Edge (edited)

Options

I'm getting an FDP-106 error with my Merrill Edge accounts. I've tried Merrill Edge and ML options and neither work. My credentials work fine directly on the site.

It worked fine a couple days ago, now it won't reconnect if you attempt to reset the connection or even attempting to connect new.

Tagged:

Comments

• Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    Options

@Rob & Kim Robinson, thanks for posting to the Community regarding this issue!

Since it sounds like the FDP-106 error is occurring with existing accounts in Quicken Simplifi, I'd suggest performing the following steps to establish a completely fresh connection with Merrill Edge:

1. Make all of the accounts with this bank manual by following the steps here.
    2. Once you see the account(s) listed in the Manual Accounts section under Settings > Accounts, go back through the Add Account flow to reconnect to the bank.
    3. Carefully link the account(s) found to your existing Quicken Simplifi account(s) by following the steps here.

Please let us know how it goes!

-Coach Natalie

• jveez
    jveez Member
    Options

i am having this problem as well. tried the steps listed above and it did not resolve the issue.

• Coach Natalie
    Options

@jveez, thanks for giving those steps a try and letting us know!

We will need the following data for your case to be reviewed for escalation:

1. The name of the account, as it appears in Quicken Simplifi.
    2. The name of the account, as it appears on the bank's website.
    3. What type of account are you attempting to connect?
    4. Has there been any changes made to the bank's website or the sign-in process recently?
    5. Has there been any activity in the account in the last 90 days?
    6. A screenshot of the Accounts Summary page from the bank's website that lists all accounts and balances (feel free to redact any personal info) and has a wide enough scope to show the page URL (this must be taken from a web browser and not a mobile browser).

-Coach Natalie

• Rob & Kim Robinson
    Options

I too have done those steps and it doesn't work. I appreciate the response on this forum, but I have no interest in providing all that information. Quicken needs to figure out and fix this buggy software. My Merrill accounts update fine through personal capitals website (Empower) and of course I can login direct to the website using the same credentials.

To be clear, I've attemped to refresh the connection and I've attempted a completely new connection through ML and through Merrill edge. None of those work - you get the same error message - all of that started this past week. I don't see why this would work previously and now suddenly stop working…Unless…regarding your point 4..

4. Has there been any changes made to the bank's website or the sign-in process recently?

I do know that Bank of America just refreshed and did a major update on their android app where they are combining BOA and Merrill into a single app. I don't know if that would have any impact on aggregation access. To that end, I also tried BOA directly to see if Merrill was combined through that access point, and those accounts were not shown, although my BOA was showing as expected. The direct login to Merrill hasn't changed nor has the primary web login (just the app that now aggregates BOA and Merrill)

• Rob & Kim Robinson
    Options

Additional info: the portfolio value is updated and correct, but the balances value (and subsequent net worth report) and transactions are not updated.

• gpb59
    gpb59 Member
    Options

same here, balance updated but not included in net worth

• gpb59
    gpb59 Member
    Options

I deleted the account and try to add it and just keep getting error FDP-106

• Coach Natalie
    Options

@gpb59, thanks for posting on this topic! Did you get a chance to follow the troubleshooting steps outlined above (see here)?

@Rob & Kim Robinson, unfortunately, we won't be able to escalate your case without obtaining all of the required info to do so. If you prefer to report the issue in a private setting, our Chat/Phone Support would be happy to help: https://help.simplifimoney.com/en/articles/5077917-how-to-contact-support

-Coach Natalie

• Coach Natalie
    Options

@gpb59, thank you for giving those steps a try and posting back!

In order to escalate your case, we will need the following data (the same data that was requested above):

6. A screenshot of the Accounts Summary page from the bank's website that lists all accounts and balances (feel free to redact any personal info) and has a wide enough scope to show the page URL (this must be taken from a web browser and not a mobile browser).

-Coach Natalie

• KKell
    KKell Member
    Options

I am also getting this same FDP-106 error, which began about 1 week ago. Merrill Edge was connecting with no problems before that. I have deleted the account, re added it, still getting FDP-106 error.

• KKell
    KKell Member
    Options

I also followed the instruction left by Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin, I made the Merrill Edge account manual then tried to reconnect. Still getting error FDP-106.

• Coach Natalie
    Options

@KKell, thanks for posting on this topic!

If you've followed the troubleshooting steps to no avail, we'd love to get your case escalated. To do so, we need the following data:

-Coach Natalie

• UsYUv83DsZ3VTSGgoULI
    Options

I'm writing to echo the same concerns raised about the sudden issues with Merrill Edge.

I've tried all the troubleshooting tips without success, and have even deleted the accounts (including transactions) from Simplifi. I'm now
    unable to add them with the same FDP-106 message.

The error message is: "This usually happens if an account nickname or number has changed at your bank. To fix you must reconnect your account. Care Code: FDP-106"

My account nickname and number did not change, and this is not relevant anyway since I am starting over by adding the accounts as new.

I hope you can pass on this feedback to the team and work with Merrill Edge to determine why so many of your customers are unable to connect since late March.

• Coach Natalie
    Options

@UsYUv83DsZ3VTSGgoULI, thanks for posting on this topic, although I'm sorry to hear that you're also experiencing this issue with Merrill Edge in Quicken Simplifi.

As mentioned above, if you've followed all of the troubleshooting steps and they did not resolve the issue for you, we need some additional data for an escalation as follows:

We look forward to your reply!

-Coach Natalie

• Rob & Kim Robinson
    Options

I tried reconnecting through ML selection option versus Merrilledge - It appeared to connect the accounts, showed the accounts with the correct balances in the connection screen where you select/check the accounts to import, but once it imported all the accounts had zero balances. Strange to me, especially since it was showing the balances in the import select menu when confirming the import.

• KKell
    KKell Member
    edited April 9
    Options

Same problem - trouble shooting does not work.

The request to send a screenshot of my bank account, with all accounts is unreasonable, not only time consuming as redactions are needed throughout. This is a sudden problem. I would request that Simplifi research and fix issue which is impacting multiple users, and that the onus is not put on the paying customer to provide such detailed info to escalate the Simplifi connection issue.

• Rob & Kim Robinson
    Options

Merrill updated today, tried again with closing, then reimporting and it worked. Had to update the accounts names when importing and setting them up so they didn't match the previous names. Will see if this fragile connection holds over time.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.