MFA text never received from etrade (edited)

Options
GeeDub
GeeDub Member

I am setting up accounts and some with MFA enabled worked fine (MFA text received and entered) but some, like eTrade, cannot be linked because I never receive the text with the code to enter. I have logged into eTrade separately and received the code, so it's not on their end.

Tagged:

Comments

• Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    edited March 28
    Options

@GeeDub, thanks for reaching out!

When viewing your connection attempts from our end, I see an FDP-185 error with E*Trade Investments, which does indicate an issue with completing MFA. To clarify, is text the only MFA option listed in Quicken Simplifi? Are you able to try some additional methods for receiving the code, such as email or a phone call?

There are also a few different options for E*Trade listed in Quicken Simplifi, and I think the "ETRADE - Advisor" option is the recommended one to use. Have you given this option a try, by chance?

Please let us know so we can best assist!

-Coach Natalie

• brettallen
    brettallen Member
    Options

i can attest this is also not working for me. Tried it on the E*trade website and it worked there so must be some interaction between the Quicken <> E*Trade api’s. I tried with both the investments and the advisor integrations. @Coach Natalie

• brettallen
    brettallen Member
    edited April 1
    Options

and to clarify, Quicken Simplifi does not say text is an option, it just says “two-factor”. Attached is all it says @Coach Natalie

• Coach Natalie
    Options

@brettallen, thanks for posting on this topic!

To clarify, are you also experiencing the same issue where you never receive the code via text, or is something else going on? If the former, can you log into E*Trade's website to see if you can enable some additional MFA options, such as email or phone call? If you are able to, I'd suggest doing so and then giving it another try in Quicken Simplifi.

Please let us know so we can best assist!

-Coach Natalie

• brettallen
    brettallen Member
    Options

@Coach Natalie thank you for the quick response! I can confirm i am experiencing the same issue: never receiving the code via text.

While i appreciate your suggestion and enabling other MFA methods may indeed resolve this issue, unfortunately i definitely prioritize maintaining the security of my investment account using my MFA method of choice over fixing a broken integration. I would think that any others facing the same issue would also not want to potentially (unlikely but still) jeopardize the security of their account in order to get unblocked here.

• Coach Natalie
    Options

@brettallen, thanks for confirming!

Although I definitely understand your concern, I'd like to clarify that the end goal is not to have you change your MFA method. We are simply trying to learn if:

1. E*Trade offers other MFA options.
    2. Any of the other MFA options allow users to receive the code and connect since SMS is not working for this.

Knowing this data will allow our teams to better investigate the issue and figure out what's going on.

-Coach Natalie

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.