TD Bank Credit Card Bank Balance Incorrect

Options

I imported my data from MINT (RIP) and linked all of my accounts. Everything seems to be working correctly and all my balances and transactions are correct except the only two credit cards that I have linked. They have the correct transactions but report the incorrect "bank balance" in Simplifi.

In fact, the balances don't update at all based on the transactions. So I can't fix it by just putting in an opening balance or a manual transaction. Can somebody explain why? My investment accounts and chequing and savings accounts update with transactions and the correct "bank balance."

Comments

• Coach Jon
    Coach Jon Moderator admin
    Options

Hello @Username254,

Thank you for reaching out! This article explains how Quicken Simplifi calculates your balance and has a section for Troubleshooting balance discrepancies. https://help.simplifimoney.com/en/articles/4202003-how-to-resolve-balance-discrepancies#h_62944fa3f8

If you follow the steps in that article and are still experiencing the issue, I would suggest Resetting your Account Connections for those credit card accounts. https://help.simplifimoney.com/en/articles/4857199-how-to-reset-your-account-connections#h_7f8fc15a86

Let us know if that works for you!

Thanks,

Coach Jon

• Username254
    Options

I have tried both of these and it did not work.

1. The difference is far greater than pending transactions. The balance downloads incorrectly.
    2. I tried to resest the account connections and the balance in the "add account" screen is incorrect write at import.
      1. I was told to try from a different device and that made no difference.

All other balances are being pulled correctly. The transactions on the credit cards are correct as well. Just not the balance. The balance also doesn't change regardless of the transactions being posted and pulled correctly. Manual transactions also don't change the balance.

• Coach Jon
    Coach Jon Moderator admin
    edited April 1
    Options

Hello @Username254,

Thanks for your reply! To help clarify what exactly is happening here in your situation could you please let us know if the two credit card accounts are new or existing accounts, whether there are pending transactions currently in the accounts in Quicken SImplifi and/or the bank website, and what the exact balance discrepancy is? Let us know!

Thanks,

Coach Jon

This discussion has been closed.