TIAA Brokerage still not updating for about 2 months

Options
Zgh87&ds
Zgh87&ds Member

Still receiving the FDP-1022 error every time.

Tagged:

Comments

• Coach Kristina
    Coach Kristina Moderator admin
    Options

Hello @Zgh87&ds,

To help troubleshoot this issue, please provide more information. Is this happening with an account you're trying to add for the first time, or was the account previously connected and downloading? If the account is currently in your Quicken Simplifi, is it a manual account, or does it think it's connected, but then throw an error when you try to update? Based on the discussion title, it appears that the issue has been going on for 2 months; has it always been the FDP-1022 error? If not, do you recall what other error codes/messages you have received?

I look forward to your reply!

-Coach Kristina

• Zgh87&ds
    Zgh87&ds Member
    Options

account previously connected

Always fdp-1022 or hangs on fdp-185 even after transmitting authentication code. From forums known issue with many banks. I wanted to make sure you were aware of TIAA issue which is now constant for two months.

• Coach Kristina
    Coach Kristina Moderator admin
    edited April 2
    Options

Thank you for your reply,

When I check on our end, I'm seeing an error code FDP-102 (financial institution timeout error). That may be why it hangs for a while after you're putting your authentication code in.

So we can look into this further, please provide the name of the problem account, as it appears in your Quicken Simplifi.

I look forward to your response!

-Coach Kristina

• Zgh87&ds
    Zgh87&ds Member
    Options

it’s any TIAA connection - bank, brokerage, or main TIAA. None of them connect and that is the error for each.

• Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    Options

@Zgh87&ds, thanks for posting back!

At this point, I'd suggest establishing a completely fresh connection with the TIAA by following these steps:

1. Make all of the accounts with this bank manual by following the steps here.
    2. Once you see the account(s) listed in the Manual Accounts section under Settings > Accounts, go back through the Add Account flow to reconnect to the bank.
    3. Carefully link the account(s) found to your existing Quicken Simplifi account(s) by following the steps here.

If the issue persists after doing so, please provide the following data:

1. A screenshot of the error message you're receiving in Quicken Simplifi.
    2. The name of the account the issue is occurring with, as it appears in Quicken Simplifi.

We look forward to your reply!

-Coach Natalie

• Zgh87&ds
    Zgh87&ds Member
    Options

saw this in prior threads. Simplifi does not connect to TIAA. Hangs even after authentication code received and entered. Every TIAA account is affected. Same issue as with other banks noted on multiple other threads. I assume connection is broken on either end.

• Zgh87&ds
    Zgh87&ds Member
    Options

ps have made account manual as instructed.

• Zgh87&ds
    Zgh87&ds Member
    Options

today's error message

• Coach Natalie
    Options

@Zgh87&ds, thanks for posting back!

A to.100 error is a timeout error that indicates the connection is timing out before we can successfully connect with the bank. Are you using a VPN or anything along those lines that could be interfering with the connection? Also, you want to make sure you're selecting the correct instance in Quicken Simplifi when connecting to a bank. Are you trying to connect to tiaabank.com or to tiaa.org, as these appear to be different institutions?

We look forward to your reply!

-Coach Natalie

• Zgh87&ds
    Zgh87&ds Member
    Options

not using vpn. I have tried every TIAA account as configured in Simplifi. None works. Has not worked for about two months. Previously worked fine - nov2023- Jan 2024

• Coach Natalie
    Options

@Zgh87&ds, thanks for the reply!

To clarify, when you sign into the bank's website, do you do so at tiaabank.com or tiaa.org? Also, what is the name of the account the issue is occurring with, as it appears in Quicken Simplifi?

At this point, you may also consider contacting Chat or Phone Support directly for more advanced troubleshooting on this issue, as they have the ability to engage in a screen sharing session with you, which will allow them to get to the bottom of things much more efficiently.

https://help.simplifimoney.com/en/articles/5077917-how-to-contact-support

If you do resolve things with Chat or Phone Support, please let us know how it goes in case it helps other users!

-Coach Natalie

• Zgh87&ds
    Zgh87&ds Member
    Options

same issue occurs with quicken. In all candor given the consistency of identical intermittent connection issues, my purpose in posting here was to alert Simplifi as to this specific connection interface issue. I understand these occur as banks change systems but my hope was that it was fixable. I have no other current connection concerns. It’s true that in the past TIAA has only permitted connections at early morning hours and that’s well known. Also in the past intermittently the connection would stop working intermittently. Again these issues are not unique to TIAA. I saw where sometimes Simplifi had been able to confirm/validate connection issues and even fixed them. I’ve provided you all the info I think is relevant here.

• Coach Natalie
    Options

Although we appreciate you letting us know that you're experiencing connectivity trouble with TIAA in both Quicken Classic and Quicken Simplifi, we can't really do much with the info, such as escalate it, without first completing troubleshooting and then gathering specific data.

With that, if you'd like to continue working on resolving this issue, I'd suggest going ahead and contacting Chat or Phone Support directly for more advanced troubleshooting and data gathering, as I'm not sure that we'll be able to get to the bottom of things here in the Community.

I hope this helps to clarify!

-Coach Natalie

• Zgh87&ds
    Zgh87&ds Member
    Options

can you give us some insights into how screen sharing with end users allows quicken/Simplifi to debug connection issue? In particular I’d be extremely wary of screen sharing while entering keystrokes that correspond with usernames, passwords and texted passcodes for financial accounts.

• Zgh87&ds
    Zgh87&ds Member
    Options

Additional info that may be helpful to forward to debug…

This is from Quicken. TIAA and TIAA Brokerage connect fine in Quicken using the "Direct Connect" setting ("Quicken Connect" is not selectable as an option for either of these two financial links). But when attempting to link in Quicken to TIAA Bank the only option available is "Quicken Connect." The Quicken account aggregation service yields the above noted "invalid or illegal XML" error.

to summarize, "Quicken Direct Connect" works fine. Quicken Connect for TIAA Bank stopped working about two months ago.

I'm assuming Simplifi is using this same system even though no info is provided in the Simplifi setup. Therefore, it's a "Quicken Connect" problem for "tiaabank.org"— and affects both Quicken and Simplifi.

• Coach Natalie
    Options

When it comes to screen share, the agents are required to disconnect before anything private such as online banking credentials are used. The screen share will assist in the troubleshooting process, as well as any data gathering that's required for an escalation if one is deemed necessary since we have been unable to accomplish this here in the Community. To clarify, this issue with TIAA is not impacting other users and is not something we are aware of, so we'd need to follow certain protocols and gather certain data to look further into it.

As for the issue you're seeing with Quicken Classic, we won't be able to help with that here on the Quicken Simplifi side. You'd want to contact Quicken Classic's Community or Support Team to continue working on that issue with them.

https://community.quicken.com/

https://www.quicken.com/support#contact-support

I hope this helps clear up any confusion!

-Coach Natalie

• Zgh87&ds
    Zgh87&ds Member
    Options

quicken and simplify both use similar connection protocols. I think your company already provides the answer here:

https://www.intuit.com/partners/fdp/implementation-support/ofx/conversions-mergers/

TIAA likely is in the midst of a conversion to Everbank platform.

I would never advise the screen sharing procedure you outlined. Further there is ample evidence above that this issue is not user error.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.