Show Bill for Chase Credit Card

Options
santoshamb
santoshamb Member
edited April 1 in Bills and Income

Hello,

Is it possible to have my upcoming bill for my Chase credit card show up in the Bills section? Some older posts infer that this was impossible, but maybe something has changed.

For example, I just received an email saying my statement balance was due on April 10. It would be nice to see that in the "Bills & Payment" section. I have already linked my Chase credit card and see the transactions, but I don't see the bill.

Can I manually enter the bill if this can't be done automatically? Adding this as a recurring bill based on a specific transaction would not work because the bill amount changes monthly.

Thank you,

Ben

Comments

• DannyB
    DannyB Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

By default, Quicken Simplifi treats credit card balance payments as transfers and excludes from the Spending plan. You will see the payment in the Income section of the Spending Plan under Transfers & Credit Card payments and they will be greyed out due to be excluded. This is a typical way to handle credit card payments in all budgeting apps.

This support article explains the rationale:

The community will be happy to answer any questions you may have after you read this article.

Danny
    Simplifi user since 01/22
    Budget: a mathematical confirmation of your suspicions.” ~A.A. Latimer
  • santoshamb
    santoshamb Member
    Options

Hello,

Thank you for your reply. I also read the article; thank you for sending it. Unfortunately, it doesn't address my question.

I wouldn't expect the credit card bill to show up in my spending plan because it is for spending from the previous month. Instead, I hoped the bill would appear in the "Bills and Payment" section on the far left menu (not in the spending plan). In addition, I would want the bill to show up as "due" before I actually make the payment. Thus, any discussion about whether the transaction is treated as a transfer or not in the spending plan isn't really relevant. I want to know about the existence of a bill before there is a transaction.

For example, on March 31, I received notification that my Chase Bill is due on April 10 (via email). It seems like I should be able to look at my Bills and Payments section and see that this bill is due. Or, at least I should be able to enter it manually so that I can track everything in one place.

Thank you for your help!

Ben

• RobWilk
    RobWilk Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

My understanding is setting up Chase as a biller (meaning automatic downloads of your bill) is currently unsupported, and that's because of something Chase did i think (it used to work, I thought someone had said)… But you can set up recurring charges/payments on your typical due date, and edit that reminder when you get the bill to be the appropriate amount, and that will show up under bills and payments.

Rob Wilkens

• Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    Options

@santoshamb, our article on using Recurring Transactions can be found here: https://help.simplifimoney.com/en/articles/3625912-managing-recurring-transactions

A Recurring Credit Card Payment is how you'd set these items up in Quicken Simplifi, and you can choose whatever Due Date you'd like. However, since Chase can't be connected to using Bill Connect for automatic amount retrieval (which is what Rob is referring to when he mentioned automatic downloads), you can manually update the associated Reminder for each month as soon as the bill becomes available that month by following the steps here.

Let us know how this works for you!

-Coach Natalie

• santoshamb
    santoshamb Member
    Options

Thank you, this process should work.

I set up a recurring transaction for $1, which I update to the correct amount when I receive my bill.

Thanks again!

Ben

• IDBudgetGuy
    IDBudgetGuy Member
    edited April 21
    Options

So if, for example, Bank of America's website (which btw shows up as "Bank of America Corporate Card" ) were to show up in "Billers" , would it mean that Simplifi would automatically pull my Credit Card payment due date and amount and show it as a recurring bill? If yes, why do I have to do it separately if I've already connected my Bank of America accounts via "Accounts"? Also, if the Biller shows as "Bank of America Corporate Card", does it mean that my personal credit card isn't supported?

• Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    edited April 22
    Options

@IDBudgetGuy, thanks for the inquiry!

To clarify, connecting to a bank for transactional and balance download is a completely separate service from connecting to a bank or credit card company for Bill Connect. We use different service providers and functionalities for each of these features. Unfortunately, our Biller service provider does not offer support for a lot of the major credit card companies.

Since you mentioned Bank of America for Bill Connect, I'd suggest following along with our existing request here:

I hope this helps!

-Coach Natalie

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.