Unable to connect to CarMax AutoFinance in Simplifi FDP-108 error (edited)

Options

Hello,

I am consistently unable to connect to my CarMax Auto Finance account in Simplifi. It keeps giving me the error message, "To connect to your account, you must complete an action at the
website for CarMax Auto Finance....". I have repeatedly logged in to the CarMax Auto Finance website, completed the action at the website, and there are no more actions available to complete on the website. Yet I'm still getting that error message.

Thanks!

Tagged:

Comments

• Coach Jon
    Coach Jon Moderator admin
    Options

Hello @ribbey101,

Thanks for reaching out! A 108 error indicates there is something that needs to be acknowledged or bypassed on the bank's website, which could be confirming your security questions, updating your personal contact info, or even promotional material. If you don't see anything when signing in on the bank's website, I'd suggest trying from a different browser or in incognito/private mode, as well as checking the bank's mobile app if you use it.

More details on a 108 error can be found here. Please let us know how it goes!

Thanks,

Coach Jon

• ribbey101
    Options

Hi Coach Jon,

Thanks for the response. I completed all suggested steps, including signing in on multiple different browsers as well as using incognito mode. Each time I use a new browser or incognito mode, I am requested to input a code from my Google Authenticator app. But after I do this, the connection issue with Simplifi still remains the same error.

Carmax Auto Finance requires two factor authentication. My guess is that there is something wrong with their communication via web services regarding that on initial account authentication from Simplifi. Simplifi does not provide me anywhere to input an authentication code.

Any other ideas/suggestions?

Thanks!

• Coach Jon
    Options

Hello @ribbey101,

Thank you for the reply. You mentioned, "Simplifi does not provide me anywhere to input an authentication code". Do you mean to say that even though your bank has Multi-Factor Authentication, you are not being asked to submit an MFA on Quicken Simplifi's side? Please let us know!

Thanks,

Coach Jon

• ribbey101
    Options

Hi Coach Jon,

Yes that is correct. CarMax requires multi factor authentication, but on the Simplifi side, it just gives me the error that I need to complete something on the CarMax site. It never asks me to provide a code.

Thanks!

• Coach Jon
    Options

Hello @ribbey101,

Thanks for the reply. I would suggest checking to see if you can disable your MFA via the bank website, and then try adding the account in Quicken Simplifi. Afterward, if it works, re-enable the MFA to see if it stays connected in Quicken Simplifi.

Thanks,

Coach Jon

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.