Not able to connect my RBC account

Options

Am I the only one who can't connect my RBC accounts to Simplifi? I tried everything and no support team seems to know how to help me out.

Tagged:

Comments

• Coach Jon
    Coach Jon Moderator admin
    Options

Hello @littlelittlefingers,

Thank you for reaching out to the community! We can definitely see about helping you out with your situation! To help clarify, are you receiving an error when attempting to connect your account in Quicken Simplifi? Additionally, is the account existing in Quicken Simplifi already, or is this a new account you are trying to connect to?

Thanks,

Coach Jon

• kevinjjjj
    kevinjjjj Member
    edited April 4
    Options

I'm not able to create a new link to my RBC account on my new Quicken Simplifi account. I am getting the error
    We are unable to connec to to RBC Royal Bank at this time. Please try again later.

Care: FDP-187

It fails when I try to the app 2FA option. I am currently overseas and my phone is not receiving the 2FA text (but I can receive Quicken's 2FA text).

• Coach Jon
    Options

Hello @littlelittlefingers,

Thanks for reaching out. What is probably occuring is that since you are overseas, Quicken Simplifi cannot connect to the bank's server properly. Especially since you cannot receive the MFA code. Quicken Simplifi is designed to work within the US and Canada for the most part, and when you find yourself overseas, you may see issues like this occur.

Thanks,

Coach Jon

• JonathanK
    Options

I am also have the same issue. I turned off MFA with my bank settings also to try. I signed up 3-4 days ago, and now it no longer syncs. I live in Canada so being overseas does not seem to be the same issue.

• Coach Jon
    Options

Hello @JonathanK,

Thank you for reaching out. From our side, I do not see an error code for you with this Financial institution. Are you receiving an error code, or what specifically is occuring when you try to connect?

Thanks,

Coach Jon

• kevinjjjj
    Options

hi I’m back in canada and now I don’t get that text 2FA error. It tries to now send a notification to my trusted RBC device but the approval request never comes. I need a refund as this app is useless to me if I cannot connect my RBC account

• Coach Jon
    Options

Hello @kevinjjjj,

Thanks for following up. Im glad that you are no longer getting the MFA error. To help clarify the other issue, what notification are you trying to send to your device?

Thanks,

Coach Jon

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.