Need help linking my CIT account

Options
ajotte
ajotte Member

When I try to link my CIT account, I am asked for MFA but when I complete it I get an error saying MFA is required and it wont sign in even though I just did the MFA. I've tried multiple times online and on the app. Any help is appreciated

Tagged:

Comments

• Coach Jon
    Coach Jon Moderator admin
    Options

Hello @ajotte,

Thanks for posting! To help us clarify your situation, could you let us know what type of MFA method is being used? Are you receiving a SMS, or email, or some other method? Please let us know as we would love to assist you!

Thanks,

Coach Jon

• ajotte
    ajotte Member
    Options

Thanks! I tried both options it gave me: SMS and phone call

• Coach Jon
    Options

Thanks @ajotte,

I can see on our side that the last time the MFA was entered, it may have been incorrect. Are you trying to add a new account to Quicken Simplifi for the first time, or update an existing account?

Thanks,

Coach Jon

• ajotte
    ajotte Member
    Options

I'm trying to add it for the first time. The MFA wasn't incorrect but it seems it's being treated as if it was

• Coach Jon
    Options

Hello @ajotte,

Thanks for the reply! I am still seeing that it is being entered incorrectly on our side. Have you tried copying and pasting the code into Quicken Simplifi? Additionally, Some banks add letters at the beginning of their verification codes, which may need to be included in the field presented. If the code comes in as "XX-######," you may need to include the "X" when entering the code in Quicken Simplifi.

Let us know how this goes!

Thanks,

Coach Jon

• ajotte
    ajotte Member
    Options

Hi,

Yes, I've tried that. I understand it is saying the code is incorrect, but the issue is that I am putting in the correct code and it is reading it as incorrect. I've tried many times on desktop and mobile. I don't know if it has to do with the fact that the code they are giving me is 5 digits long and most MFA code are 6?

• Coach Jon
    Options

Hello @ajotte,

Thanks for the information. Could you let us know what Instance/URL you are using in Quicken Simplifi? Additionally, are there any other methods to receive the MFA code that you could try? You may need to check the bank's website to see if other methods can be enabled.

Thanks,

Coach Jon

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.