Multiple sign-ins for the same institution

Options
ajotte
ajotte Member

My husband and I both have credit cards with Chase and Discover that are under only our individual names. To see both on here we would need to be able to sign in to both accounts but whenever we try it will delete information from the previous account, it never saves both like Mint used to be able to do. I feel that this is likely something a lot of couples would benefit from!

Comments

• Coach Jon
    Coach Jon Moderator admin
    edited April 2
    Options

Hello @ajotte,

Thanks for reaching out to the community! What may be occuring is you are accidentally linking everything up under one User ID, which can cause the authorized user accounts to get disconnected. To correct this, when reconnecting the disconnected accounts, be very careful on the screen that lets you link accounts. If you see accounts that are already connected under the other User ID, uncheck the checkbox on the left for those accounts so that they do not get relinked under the incorrect User ID. Let us know how this goes!

Thanks,

Coach Jon

• ajotte
    ajotte Member
    Options

I don't quite understand. For example my husband and I both have separate Chase accounts with separate user id's that have one overlapping account but we each have one account the other can't see when they log in to chase. I would like to add all 3 chase accounts but can only sign in under one username and password. I don't see any checkbox.

• Coach Jon
    Coach Jon Moderator admin
    edited April 2
    Options

Hello @ajotte,

Thanks for the reply! Here is a great article that explains the linking process I mentioned above: https://help.simplifimoney.com/en/articles/4959544-how-to-link-accounts

When attempting to add your accounts, you should get the linking window as seen in the article. From the dropdown, you can choose to link it to an existing account in Quicken Simplifi or Add it as New (no link). If both accounts already exist in Quicken Simplifi, you should be able to link them separately via this window. If you and your partner are authorized users on each other accounts, what may be happening is you're accidentally linking everything up under one User ID, which can cause the authorized user accounts to get disconnected. Do you know if this is the case?

Additionally, what may be happening here is that your credentials are being saved when you go through the authorization process. To get around that there are some options you may try:

• Logging out of your bank website before trying to add the account in Quicken Simplifi
    • Temporarily setting a different default browser

Let us know if the above works!

Thanks,

Coach Jon

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.