TD Bank credit card account not able to connect

Options
HWanless
HWanless Member

Hello,

I am a new user having migrated from Mint. I cannot connect to my TD Bank credit card which is a big problem as it is my main credit card. I am in Canada and I am surprised this does not seem to be a bigger issue as TD Bank is one of the largest banks in Canada. I am able to access my online TD account through their site on both my iphone and from my MacBook Air. Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks, Hugh

Tagged:

Comments

• Coach Jon
    Coach Jon Moderator admin
    Options

Hello @HWanless,

Thanks for reaching out! To help us understand what is going on with your situation, could you provide us with more information on the issue?

• Are you experiencing an error when attempting to connect? If so, what error specifically?
    • Is this for a new account being added into Quicken Simplifi, or a currently existing account?
    • What instance are you using when attempting connection in Quicken Simplifi? Have you tried the other TD Bank instances to see if they work for you?

Thanks,

Coach Jon

• HWanless
    HWanless Member
    Options

Hello, thanks for your response. I have attached some screen shots of the different steps. I keep getting the same error messsage. I have tried all of the different TD sites. I try the 'web connect' one the most often as it is close to what shows up when i go onto the bank site and access my account. Apparently this issue is being escalated within Quicken Simplify. Here is the comment given within the 'coaching' session that I was involved with:

"Thank you for reaching out! After reviewing the notes, I can confirm that your request to add your bank connection to Simplifi has been submitted. We are currently waiting for your bank to provide us with the authorization to connect our app to their servers. Unfortunately, we do not have an estimated time of arrival at this moment. However, rest assured that we are working diligently to get this resolved for you. Thank you for your patience and understanding!"

"We understand the importance of having a reliable connection in this situation and we are committed to assisting you in any way we can. To keep you updated, here is the ticket number for your reference: 10932158. Thank you for your patience."

I'm told that because this is an issue dealing with a bank that I cannot find updates on this ticket. When Simplify has an update, I will be notified. Nothing in over a week.

Here are the answers to your questions:

This is a new account that I am adding. In my new 'coaching' session we ended up trying to add it manually.

The error message is in the last screen shot - 'Something doesn't match. Please try again…..'

I have tried all of the different TD sites. I try the 'web connect' one the most often as it is close to what shows up when i go onto the bank site and access my account.

I am able to log into my TD account using the same id and password, both on my MacBook Air and on my iphone. So it shouldn't be that I am inputting the wrong information.

I opened a ticket with TD Bank (through my credit card phone #) however I don't expect to get much from them. The ticket number is TD-7143674.

When I was using Mint, I could connect to the bank.

I'm not sure what else I can provide, however if you require more information, please let me know. Unfortunately, if we can't get this to work I will need to cancel my subscription as TD is my main credit card. This would be unfortunate, as I am liking the application very much.

Thanks,

Hugh

• Coach Jon
    Options

Hello @HWanless,

Thanks for your reply and the information you provided. Could you please let us know what URL you use to sign into your bank website? Additionally, I would have you try these two instances in Quicken Simplifi by clicking the URL in the add account window: TD Bank Online Banking and TD Bank Credit Card.

You may need to try via a different browser or incognito mode as well. Let us know how this goes!

Thanks,

Coach Jon

• HWanless
    HWanless Member
    Options

Twice now I have updated this comment yet when I go and post, nothing shows up. The last time I saved the draft before I submitted and still nothing, and nothing is showing up in drafts. What is going on? I am showing as logged in. The two other sites did not work and I noticed they were both US. I'll see if this posts now.

• HWanless
    HWanless Member
    Options

I just entered everything however I guess I wasn't logged in, and it seems to have lost everything!

Here goes:

Site I go to to sign in:

https://authentication.td.com/uap-ui/?consumer=easyweb&locale=en_CA#/uap/login

When I am logged in

https://easyweb.td.com/ui/ew/fs?fsType=PFS

This morning was slow - better right now.

I received a prompt to enter a code from a text to me. This happens some times, but not all of the times.

I tried the other sites through Incognito and neither worked. Same error message - "something went wrong". I noticed that they both seem to be US sites and my account is in Canada. I see Canada in the login 'easyweb&locale=en_CA#' when I log in.

Hope this helps,

Hugh

• Coach Jon
    Options

Hello @HWanless,

Thanks for your replies! I would suggest using this instance: TD Canada Trust, in Quicken Simplifi. When checking on our side, we noticed this links to a Canadian URL the same way the one you provided does. Let us know how that goes!

Thanks,

Coach Jon

• HWanless
    HWanless Member
    Options

IT WORKED!!!

Thanks so much. It looks like it has brought in all of the transactions since I migrated from Mint but I haven't looked in detail. Is this how it should work?
    Thanks again!

Hugh

• Coach Jon
    Options

Hello @HWanless,

I am glad that you were able to get it working! And yes, that is exactly how it should work in Quicken Simpilfi.

We hope you have a great day!

-Coach Jon

• HWanless
    HWanless Member
    Options

Thanks. You too!

Hugh

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.