Rollover displays are inaccurate

Options
makapuu
makapuu Member
edited May 3 in Report a Bug

I have rollover enabled for several of my planned spending categories. Depending on whether I am on the Dashboard page or the Spending Plan page, the rollover display different information. On the Spending Plan page, information is accurate, whereas the Dashboard view is not accurate. This is true for all my rollover budgets.

For example, I have a monthly budget of $1,100 for Food & Dining (why "Food & Dining" shows up as a subcategory of "Bars" is also strange). Last month I was $317 over that budget, so that was rolled over into this month, in addition to $72 I have spent this month. On the Spending Plan page (screenshot below) this shows up exactly as it should. $390 has already been spent, and I have $710 remaining.

However, on the Dashboard view, this is not what I see, and it's wildly inaccurate. Instead of showing that I have $710 remaining in my Food & Dining Budget, it says I have $1738 remaining.

Here's what it seems like is happening with the math: Instead of just showing the $710 remaining in my budget for this category and breaking it down by rollover/expenses, that $710 is being added to the default $1100 budget for the category, then the $72 I have spent this month is being subtracted.

$1100 + $710 - $72 = $1738

Obviously this gives me a completely distorted and inaccurate idea of what is actually happening with my budgets, and needs to get fixed ASAP.

I love the idea of Rollovers, used them in Mint for over 10 years, and am really impressed by Simplifi overall, but there is another area that Simplifi needs to improve rollover implementation: the "money available" category of the Spending Plan for money that isn't line-budgeted.

I think this has been a complaint predating Rollovers, but it makes no sense that if I have "$100 available" at the end of the month there is no mechanism to do anything with that money heading into the next month other than add it to a savings goal. Currently I create a manual transaction for the first of the month using the same amount and use that to indicate that I actually have money left from last month that is "available" to use this month. With the addition of rollovers, there should be at least the option to rollover "$$ available" from the Spending Plan into the next month, since it is, in fact, available.

Comments

• Erin
    Erin Member
    Options

I’m trying to figure out why there’s a difference between the dashboard view of the spending plan and the spending plan itself. In the dashboard, the “available” amount in my spending plan is $208, but when I click on the spending plan, it shows a different available amount ($26). Shouldn’t this be the same? And which is correct? This has persisted for more than 24 hours now, on both mobile app and web versions.

• Tuan
    Tuan Member
    Options

I am seeing the same issue as well

• Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    Options

Hey everyone, thanks for bringing this to the attention of the Community!

Our product team is aware of this issue and working to resolve it as quickly as possible. In the meantime, we have an Alert that can be followed for updates:

Thanks!

-Coach Natalie

This discussion has been closed.