FDP-105 Error with Merrill Edge (edited)

Options
lwyman
lwyman Member

After finally getting Simplifi to settle down and connect to all of my banks, I now have new errors popping up for Vanguard and Merrill (they've both worked fine for months before this). It's not because of high volume throttling, since I've tried updating on various days and hours, and it's persisted for over a week now. I can, of course, log into each of the banks via a web browser, so it's not a user id/password problem.

I've generally liked what Simplifi has to offer, but I hold my breath every time I update, since I feel like the infrastructure is so weak that it will drop a connection at any time. I've tried in the past to reconnect an account, but it always results in making the account manual, which of course puts me back even further.

The most I can see on the Community postings is that FDP-105 is a "known issue" and that Simplifi's "servicer" has been notified. But considering how volatile I've found the connectivity on the platform, I have to believe that it's a bigger issue with Simplifi.

Tagged:

Comments

• Coach Jon
    Coach Jon Moderator admin
    Options

Hello @lwyman,

Thanks for reaching out! Most of the time, this error resolves itself after 24-48 hours. Can you please let us know whether these accounts are new accounts being added into Quicken Simplifi, or existing accounts already in Quicken Simplifi? If it is happening with existing accounts I would suggest Resetting the Account Connections using the steps here: https://help.simplifimoney.com/en/articles/4857199-how-to-reset-your-account-connections#h_7f8fc15a86

Let us know how that goes!

Thanks,

Coach Jon

• Ricken
    Ricken Member
    Options

Coach Jon,

I am having the same issue with my Merrill account. I attempted to do a reset but I am still getting a 105 error. I also attempted to connect to other Merrill sites (edge, investments) and I am still getting the same error. It was working a few weeks ago, but all of a sudden stopped connecting……

• lwyman
    lwyman Member
    Options

Jon - honestly, your reply was prompt, but it gave me the same old blanket answer that's all over the community bulletin board. The questions you asked are all fully explained in my post - the problem hasn't been resolved in 24-48 hours, the accounts have been working for months now, and resetting the accounts just makes them manual. So I appreciate the response, but it was really not helpful in solving my problem. The most frustrating part of this is that on Simplifi, it works until it doesn't, and that more than all of the positives that Simplifi has to offer will make people question it's stability.

• Coach Jon
    Options

Hello @lwyman,

Thanks for your reply. We currently have a known issue with Vanguard blocking connection traffic during peak hours. Our team is actively working to alleviate the downtime. However, in the meantime, we suggest trying to add/update your account(s) outside of peak hours. I would suggest creating a separate post if the issue persists with Vanguard outside of peak hours and we can keep this post specifically about Merrill.

Thanks,

Coach Jon

• Coach Jon
    Options

Hello @Ricken,

Since you and @lwyman are both having the same issue with Merrill, and it has been over 48 hours, could you both please provide the name of the account(s) as they appear in Quicken Simplifi, please?

Thanks,

Coach Jon

• lwyman
    lwyman Member
    Options

Jon and @Ricken -

I was able to get both accounts back on line. I'm not sure this will work for your Merrill account, but I used the following steps to reconnect my Merrill account:

1. I tried to restore the account, and of course it didn't restore and made the account manual and disconnected it from my bank (and showed a 0 balance on the dashboard)
    2. I then exited Simplifi
    3. I went to the bank on the web and logged in and then out (I doubt this did anything, but at least confirmed that I could log in).
    4. I waited for about 3 hours
    5. Then I retried to reconnect the account, and this time, it allowed me to see the individual accounts at my bank and let me link them to the old account (make sure you link it to the old account name you were using)

It seems like a haphazard way to reconnect, but it worked for me. And I'm not sure why it didn't reconnect on the first try, had to be set back to manual, and then would reconnect after a few hours. But you might try it.

This worked for both my Vanguard and Merrill accounts.

I'm still puzzled by why Simplifi accounts suddenly drop connections when they've been working fine all along.

• Rob & Kim Robinson
    Options

Having the same issue with Merrill- noted on another thread

• Coach Jon
    Options

Hello @Rob & Kim Robinson,

Thanks for the reply. I'm not seeing an FDP-105 error on our side for your most recent attempt to connect to Merrill. Were you able to connect?

Thanks,

Coach Jon

• ryan_a
    ryan_a Member
    Options

Hi @Coach Jon, I've also been encountering this issue. Maybe you can take a look at my account? I've been trying this off and on for several days now. It's specifically Merrill Edge, though I tried Merrill Lynch and encountered the same issue.

• Coach Kristina
    Coach Kristina Moderator admin
    Options

Hello @ryan_a,

When I check on our end, I can see you got the FDP-105 error with Merrill Edge on 30 March and 1 April, and then got the same error code when you tried Merrill Lynch Investments on 5 April.

So that we can look into this issue further, could you please provide the name of the account(s) as it appears in Quicken Simplifi? Since it has been a few days since your last attempt, please try connecting again. Additionally, please send log files. To do that, please follow these steps:

• Select Profile from the left-hand navigation bar.
    • With the Profile menu open, hold down the Option key for Mac or the Alt key for Windows, and then click Send Feedback
    • Leave all boxes checked, add a brief description of the issue, and then click Send.

Thank you!

-Coach Kristina

• ryan_a
    ryan_a Member
    Options

Hi @Coach Kristina , thank you for the follow-up.

Two of the accounts attached to Merrill Edge are:

• CMA-Edge XXX-X0791
    • Roth IRA-Edge XXZ-78N97

I have sent the log files, including a screenshot of all 4 accounts, and Issue description as:

This is in reference to forum post https://community.simplifimoney.com/discussion/8739/fdp-105-error-with-merrill-edited

Please see FDP-105 error present. I have sanitized the Simplifi file, but affected accounts present in screenshot.

Hopefully this will assist in troubleshooting the issue.

• RJ_
    RJ_ Member
    edited April 8
    Options

Also seeing the same issue, and has been going on for at least a week for me. I originally thought it would clear up "on it's own", but doesn't seem like that's going to happen at this point.

Tried resetting and that failed also.

• Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    Options

@ryan_a, thanks for providing your account names! Since the accounts were previously connected to Merrill Edge, we'll want to take a look at an escalation for that specific bank option. However, I don't see that you've attempted to connect to Merrill Edge since April 1st, so we need you to give it another try. Let us know once done, please!

@RJ_, thanks for posting on this topic! Since it sounds like the issue is occurring on an existing Quicken Simplifi account, please provide the name of the account as it appears in Quicken Simplifi so we can take a look at an escalation for you as well.

We look forward to both of your replies!

-Coach Natalie

• ryan_a
    ryan_a Member
    Options

Hi @Coach Natalie , I have actually tried reconnecting several times since 1st April (using the Try Again button in Settings > Accounts), so not sure why the connection attempts are not being logged - but perhaps that contributes to the length of the symptom, if there hasn't actually been a real login attempt since 1st April.

I've just tried 11:32am Pacific time, on my mobile. I have also logged into the web app and clicked Try Again at 11:33am Pacific.

• Coach Natalie
    Options

@ryan_a, thanks for the reply!

I still don't see any new connection attempts for you from our end. Please try this instead of using "Try Again":

1. Make all of your Merrill Edge accounts manual by following the steps here.
    2. Once you see the accounts listed in the Manual Accounts section under Settings > Accounts, go back through the Add Account flow to reconnect to the bank (use the "Merrill Edge" option).
    3. If/when the list of accounts is presented, carefully link the accounts found to your existing Quicken Simplifi accounts by following the steps here.

Let us know how it goes!

-Coach Natalie

• RJ_
    RJ_ Member
    Options

The name of the Merrill Edge accounts? If so, that's going to be a problem as I removed them in an attempt to re-add them, but it fails every time.

• ryan_a
    ryan_a Member
    Options

Hi @Coach Natalie , thank you very much! The process of moving accounts to manual, entirely removing the Merrill Edge connection, and setting it up from scratch & linking accounts, did solve my issue.

It does seem like, if you were not registering any attempts to connect on your end, that something had gone completely wrong with my existing account link. The concern there is that more people may be encountering FDP-105 errors than your team is logging.

In any case, thank you for the workaround here - I will keep an eye on it.

• supra05
    supra05 Member
    Options

I had a connection with Merrill Edge for awhile and suddenly it has stopped working this past week. I have removed the connection and tried to re-add it as a new connection and the FDP-105 error keeps coming up. Oddly enough I have another Merrill Edge account with a different login/password and that account is working as intended. I've tried all the suggestions made on this similar issue with Merrill Edge and nothing as work.

Please help!

We are unable to connect to Merrill Edge at this time. Please try again later.
    Care Code: FDP-105

• Ricken
    Ricken Member
    Options

I am having the same issue. Any help?

• Coach Natalie
    edited April 10
    Options

@RJ_, that's ok!

I went ahead and got an escalation submitted for you and will let you know when we hear back.

-Coach Natalie

EWC-10977401

• Coach Natalie
    Options

@supra05, thanks for posting on this topic! I'd suggest following these steps to see if we can get your second set of accounts connected:

1. Make all of your existing Merrill Edge accounts manual by following the steps here.
    2. Once you see the account(s) listed in the Manual Accounts section under Settings > Accounts, look for "Merrill Edge" listed anywhere in this section as a financial institution and delete it. There should be no accounts listed under it since everything has been made manual, and the steps to delete a financial institution are available here.
    3. Once done, go back through the Add Account flow to reconnect to the bank. Try using the credentials for your existing accounts first, and then carefully link the accounts found to your existing Quicken Simplifi accounts by following the steps here.
    4. Once the existing accounts are re-linked, go back through the Add Account flow again and now enter the second set of credentials. Hopefully at this point, you will be able to add the second set of accounts.

@Ricken, thank you also for letting us know! To clarify, are you seeing the FDP-105 error on existing accounts in Quicken Simplifi or is this when connecting to Merrill Edge for the first time?

-Coach Natalie

• supra05
    supra05 Member
    Options

Hi Natalie,

I was able to change my one working Merrill account to manual, then linked the connection back. My other Merrill account was already removed, so I couldn’t switch it to manual. I created a manual account to try and see if I can link it through the flow, but I am still getting a 105 error. I’ve tried things such as changing the user ID on the Merrill account to see if that works, but still get the same error. What other options do I have now?

• Coach Natalie
    Options

Hey everyone, we went ahead and got this issue escalated internally and created an Alert that you all can follow for updates:

Fingers crossed for a speedy resolution!

-Coach Natalie

• DiviQueen
    DiviQueen Unconfirmed, Member
    edited April 12
    Options

I am having the same problem and have had it for several weeks but didn't have time to investigate further. I have multiple accounts under the same login but two come up under ML and one comes up under Edge and both are giving the FDP-105 error. I have tried all the recommended steps in this thread, and nothing has worked.

• Coach Jon
    Options

Hello @DiviQueen,

Thanks for your response! Go ahead and follow the post @Coach Natalie shared above for updates on the issue.

Thanks,

Coach Jon

• BBonev
    BBonev Member
    Options

https://community.simplifimoney.com/profile/Coach%20Natalie does not work if you have already removed the account in order to fix this error. We need a fix as soon as possible since this error is more than a month old.

• lwyman
    lwyman Member
    Options

The Merrill connection has once again stopped working for me. It was corrected and updating for about a week and then went out again. Does it make sense to make users go through all these hoops to keep reconnecting broken links? Maybe it's time for Quicken to take a hard look at the process it's using for connections. It's really frustrating - not only for Merrill accounts - but so many more based on user input on the community boards. Since the updates are so bad and unreliable, particularly for brokerage and retirement accounts, why not at least have the dashboard reflect what's picked up in the investments tab? That section always reflects the most current valuation for assets, as opposed to the day old balances that appear on the dashboard. Or, maybe there should be a disclaimer that what you see on the dashboard may or may not be a correct reflection of your financial position.

• Coach Kristina
    Coach Kristina Moderator admin
    Options

Hello @lwyman,

When I check on our end, I can see that you are getting a FDP-105 with Merrill Lynch Investments. This is a known issue which has been escalated internally. You can follow the status by bookmarking this alert:

Thank you!

-Coach Kristina

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.