Can't connect to Ellevest/Folio FDP-176 error (edited)

Options
MakeEllevestWork
MakeEllevestWork Unconfirmed, Member

I am unable to add my Ellevest accounts, which are accessed via Folio Client: www.folioclient.com.

I've had poor support experiences when trying to get Simplifi to help me out…they're claiming Folio Client has blocked access, but I've linked up these exact accounts to Mint (RIP) and other services without issue.

The error code Simplifi displays when attempting to connect Folio is Care Code: FDP-176, which seems to appear in other support requests on this forum, and Simplifi has helped resolve the problem, which is why I'm puzzled to hear Simplifi support claim they are blocked.

Tagged:

Comments

• Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    Options

@MakeEllevestWork, thanks for posting to the Community!

To clarify, are you referring to Ellevest with a URL of ellevest.com like this thread refers to?

Or are you attempting to connect to one of the Folio options listed in Quicken Simplifi? If the latter, it doesn't appear that the URLs displayed in Quicken Simplifi for Folio pull up the same site that you provided above. To clarify, can you click on the URL links for any of these options listed in Quicken Simplifi and then sign into your account on the new tab that opens to the bank's website?

To be clear, the URL link is available here for each bank option:

Please let us know so we can best assist!

-Coach Natalie

• meganelizabeth
    Options

@Coach Natalie I'm in the same boat as OP. For clarity, Ellevest runs off of Folio Investing as a backend! So ellevest.com is essentially the user-facing dashboard, but all the financials are occurring on Folio Investing.

A few weeks ago, I had no luck connecting Folio—then maybe a week and a half ago it looked like I got partial connection with login going through, but no accounts effectively connecting

• Coach Natalie
    Options

@meganelizabeth, thanks for posting on this topic!

To clarify, can you click on the URL for Folio Investing in Quicken Simplifi and sign into your Ellevest account on the new tab that opens for the bank?

Please let us know so we can best assist!

-Coach Natalie

• meganelizabeth
    Options

@Coach Natalie When clicking the 'try again' button, no window asking for login credentials appears! Likewise, on the menu from the ellipsis there's a 'Fix error' option—clicking this does the same (button disappears, loading spinner comes up, error state reappears)

• Coach Natalie
    edited April 12
    Options

@meganelizabeth, I apologize for the confusion!

What I'd like for you to do is click on the URL displayed for Folio Investing in Quicken Simplifi to see if you can sign into the new tab that opens to the bank's website. Let's go ahead and have you follow these steps, please:

1. Delete the Folio Investing connection in Quicken Simplifi by following the steps here.
    2. Go back through the Add Account flow and select Folio Investing.
    3. Before entering your login credentials, click the URL displayed below the bank name.
    4. A new tab will open to the bank's website; attempt to sign in using your Ellevest credentials.

Let us know how it goes!

-Coach Natalie

• meganelizabeth
    Options

@Coach Natalie Is there a way to do this without losing historical (mint) data linked to that account? That's my principal concern in deleting + reconnecting!

• Coach Natalie
    Options

@meganelizabeth, thanks for clarifying that the account is not an empty account due to importing from Mint! No, we don't want you to delete the account if it has historical data, as you will lose the data.

Instead, please make the account manual by following the steps here, as this will completely disconnect the account from the bank and place it in the 'Manual Accounts' section so it will be kept separate and intact as we troubleshoot. You'd then want to look for any lingering "Folio Investing" financial institution listed under Settings > Accounts and delete it by starting at Step 1 of my comment above (see here).

Let us know how it goes!

-Coach Natalie

• meganelizabeth
    Options

@Coach Natalie Thanks! Tried resetting connection and got this notification: "We are unable to connect to Folio Investing at this time.
    Care Code: FDP-176"

• Coach Kristina
    Coach Kristina Moderator admin
    Options

Thank you for your reply,

To clarify, there is a difference between resetting the connection and the directions in @Coach Natalie's post from 15 April. Did you follow the directions in that post (quoted below)?

Thank you!

-Coach Kristina

• meganelizabeth
    meganelizabeth Member
    Options

@Coach Kristina I did!

Moved those accounts to manual, deleted Folio, and attempted reconnecting.

Although, now getting this notification rather than unable to connect messaging:

Folio is now showing up again in my accounts page, but with no accounts actually displaying beneath it.

• Coach Natalie
    Options

@meganelizabeth, thanks for giving those steps a try and posting back!

Were you ever able to click on the URL displayed for Folio in Quicken Simplifi to see if you can sign into the bank's website on the new page that opens? This can be done by:

1. Select the Add Account button in Quicken Simplifi.
    2. Type "folio" into the search back and then select 'Folio Investing'.
    3. Click "Continue".
    4. Click on the URL displayed at the top under the words "Folio Investing" (you do not need to enter your credentials here).
    5. In the new tab that opens for the bank's website click "Log In".
    6. Sign in using the same username and password you're using when attempting to connect the account in Quicken Simplifi.

Let us know how it goes!

-Coach Natalie

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.