Does Simplifi Support Brokerage and Investment Accounts from Citibank

Options
Mike T
Mike T Member ✭✭✭✭

Sorry if this has been covered, but I have searched and not seen anything about it.

When I add my citibank account, it pulls in the Credit Card, the Checking Account, and the Savings account just fine.

Even though on the "Authorization Screen" that comes up before Simplifi asks me to link accounts, I grant access to investment accounts this part of my account does not show up on the "Link / Create" new simplifi account page. I see my checking and I can link to my checking, I see my savings and I can link to my savings, and I see my credit card and I can link to that. However, simplifi never gives me the option to link or create a new simplifi investment account.

Is this by design? Is there another URL that I need to use and log into for Citibank investment accounts?

Thanks. Mike T

Best Answer

• Mike T
    Mike T Member ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

@Coach Jon

It is — but if a person has only ever set up an online account for the Citi.com site for their credit card and/or checking and/or savings, that will not be enough to log in to what you referenced. The person must go to the personal wealth managment site and set up another online account just with that and then use THAT logon information with what you show.

As it turns out, you can use the exact same user ID (and even password if you want) for the wealth management site as it is a completely separate system with Citibank.

It's kind of convoluted, but it works!

Answers

• DannyB
    DannyB Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hi @Mike T

Have you checked with Citibank about this? Like you asked they my have a different URL for investment accounts.

Or, did you try looking up something like Citibank Investments when you were going through the account connection process in Quicken Simplifi?

Danny
    Simplifi user since 01/22
    Budget: a mathematical confirmation of your suspicions.” ~A.A. Latimer
  • Coach Jon
    Coach Jon Moderator admin
    Options

Hello @Mike T,

Thanks for reaching out! I would suggest trying to use one of the other instances in Quicken Simplifi for your Citibank Investment accounts to see if they work for you.

Let us know how that goes!

Thanks,

Coach Jon

• Mike T
    Mike T Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

@Coach Jon

I tried the Citibank investments url that is show in the screen shot above that you posted — no dice. When I logged on, it pulled over the same accounts that were already working — Savings, Checking, Credit card. The brokerage account was not there at all.

I did some other digging with google and found this solution on the Quicken support site. The steps to do it are the same for simplifi

https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7926562/cant-link-to-citibank-investment-account

• Coach Jon
    Coach Jon Moderator admin
    Options

Hello @Mike T,

Thanks for the information! For clarification, is this the instance in Quicken Simplifi you ended up connecting to?

Thanks,

Coach Jon

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.