Recurring Savings Goal Reminders

Options
Flopbot
Flopbot Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
edited April 5 in Share your Success!

Until Simplifi fully automates recurring Savings Goal transactions - which I very much look forward to - I want to share something that seems to be working for me. Yes, it's a small thing, but it's definitely helped me to be more efficient with less time spent troubleshooting with a calculator.

I have several recurring transfers scheduled into accounts that are linked to Savings Goals. Based on one of my unofficial Savings Goal rules, the "Available Balance" for any savings account that uses Savings Goals should always be zero. Said another way, all the money in this savings account should be accounted for with one of multiple Savings Goals.

For these Recurring Series, I have them set up like this…

Note that the tag's full name is " ❌DELETE - after SG Contribution ".

Whenever I see that the Available Balance isn't $0…

Then I know that I need to assign that amount to a Savings Goal. Because of the " ❌ ", it makes it super easy to identify the offending transaction in my register.

Once I've assigned the amount to the correct Savings Goal, then I come back to the register and DELETE then tag and all is well.

Chris
Quicken Desktop user since 2014.
New to Simplifi in 2021.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.