Transactions automatically being linked with big difference in numbers.

Options
SGranada
SGranada Member
edited April 10 in Troubleshooting

I have recurring transactions that get linked with transactions that do not match the amount for the time I have been using simplifi.

I have a 20$ credit that I always get every month that I have made a recurring transaction, and it categorizes as a service under subscriptions. This time simplifi decided to link it with a transaction from a month ago with the amount of 1450$. It put it as a transfer. This is one of the recent transactions that I can recall but it's always something similar. Even if I have my Verizon bill set to 72$ it will match it to whatever is convenient or don't know why it decides to pick another one but never the one with the 72$ charge. I always have to check if simplifi linked the right transaction. It works sometimes it doesn't work others. I was told that simplifi with learn the more I use it but I keep having to go back and fix it.

Comments

• Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    Options

@SGranada, thanks for posting to the Community regarding this issue!

Although I can't tell you how or why Quicken Simplifi is linking reminders to the wrong transactions, I do know that this is being worked on. In a few weeks, we should see an "amount matching" setting for Recurring Transactions that will allow you to set the amount used when auto-linking to a transaction, and I believe this is being implemented to correct the exact behavior you describe. So, this should improve for you very soon!

To clarify your experience, though, using Verizon as an example — is Quicken Simplifi at least linking the reminder to a Verizon transaction, just with a different amount, or is it for a completely different Payee?

We look forward to your reply!

-Coach Natalie

• SGranada
    SGranada Member
    Options

Is not, it could be a random one that hit that same day.

• Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    Options

@SGranada, thanks for the reply!

I'd suggest going ahead and waiting for that new "amount matching" feature to come out to see if it improves your experience and then let us know if you're still seeing an issue.

-Coach Natalie

• SGranada
    SGranada Member
    Options

thanks, I’ll be waiting for the update. Just today my credit card payment got match with a recurring transfer of two digits, while payment has four. I hope this comes soon

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.