How do I specify a balance for manual account? There is no field to enter the balance.

Options
Kark
Kark Member

Please let me know how I can enter a balance and change a balance for manual accounts. I am new to Simplifi (prior Mint user) and when I first created the account I was able to add manual accounts. In the process (after I specified an account name and chose the type of account) I was provided a box were I could enter a balance for that acct. I cannot find a box at all now to enter the balance so any new account is just set to $0. Because there is no box, I also am unable to edit the balances of any of my existing manual accounts. This is extremely frustrating especially as was required to pay for a year's worth of this service up front (without that being clear when signing up) and need my manual account balances to be accurate. I also cannot find any info online about this isssue and how to resolve it but have seen that Simplifi IS having issues with manual accounts. Please let me know how I can enter a balance and change a balance for manual accounts. Ty

Tagged:

Best Answers

• DannyB
    DannyB Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

@Kark Once the account is created you can affect the balance by entering transactions into the account register.

Danny
    Simplifi user since 01/22
    Budget: a mathematical confirmation of your suspicions.” ~A.A. Latimer
  • Coach Kristina
    Coach Kristina Moderator admin
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hello @Kark,

As @DannyB said, in order to change the balance on your existing manual account, you would create a manual transaction. This article provides more information on adding/editing transactions. If you're wanting to add it as an Opening Balance, you may want to set it up like the sample image below:

I hope this helps!

-Coach Kristina

Answers

• Coach Jon
    Coach Jon Moderator admin
    Options

Hello @Kark,

Thanks for reaching out! You should be able to set a balance for any manual account you set up when first creating it. Is the 'Balance' field not showing up for you when creating a manual account? You do need to select an Account Type before it appears.

Thanks,

Coach Jon

• Kark
    Kark Member
    Options

Hi Jon, Thanks for the quick reply.

I had been selecting Account Type each time and in fact trying it with various Account Types to see if that would force the Balance box to reveal itself but it would not. Again, when I first got Simplifi the Balance box WOULD show up but then it just didn't - on both my iPhone and Mac. The good news is as of yesterday, the Account Balance box will show up if creating a NEW Manual Account, BUT unfortunately the Balance box will NOT appear when I go in to Edit and existing Manual Account balance ie to change/update the Balance.

Please advise as to how I can CHANGE the Balance of an EXISTING Manual Account as the Balance Box is not appearing when I choose Settings→Accounts→TheParticularManualAccountName→EditAccount. Only the Account Name and Type show up - no Balance Box, even if I change the Account Type.

Thanks, K

• Kark
    Kark Member
    Options

Thanks, Kristina, for this extra option!

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.