Ally Bank accounts not updating on Finicity (edited)

Options
Another Stephen
Another Stephen Member ✭✭

The ally bank connection hasn't connected in several days at least. There is not red ! but it's not pulling the latest transitions of account balances. I tried disconnecting and reconnecting the account, but now it show $0.00 :(

Comments

• Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    Options

@Another Stephen, thanks for reaching out to the Community!

We do have a couple of known issues with AllyBank, but they are for specific error codes so I don't think that's what you're seeing. With that, if by "disconnecting and reconnecting" you mean that you reset the connection, I'd suggest giving these steps a try instead to establish a completely fresh connection with the bank:

1. Make all of your AllyBank accounts manual by following the steps here.
    2. Once you see the account(s) listed in the Manual Accounts section under Settings > Accounts, go back through the Add Account flow to reconnect to the bank.
    3. Carefully link the account(s) found to your existing Quicken Simplifi account(s) by following the steps here.

Let us know how it goes!

-Coach Natalie

• Another Stephen
    Options

I don't want to start a completely new connection because I don't want to lose my 10 years of transactions I imported from mint.com. I miss mint.com

• Another Stephen
    Options

I already completed the steps of making them manual and then reconnecting multiple times. It shows the correct balance when mapping the accounts, but then promptly show $0.00 after a "successful" connection

• Coach Natalie
    Options

@Another Stephen, thanks for posting back!

To clarify, did you just make the accounts manual and re-link them, or is this a step you completed before creating this post? If the latter, I'd definitely suggest giving the steps a fresh try since some time has elapsed. You won't lose any of your historical data or anything along those lines as long as you follow step 3 and re-link the accounts found to your existing Quicken Simplifi accounts.

Please let us know how it goes!

-Coach Natalie

• Another Stephen
    Options

Hey, thanks for getting back. Neither disconnecting or making manual before re-linking work. Any other ideas? I tried contacting support, but they're not even as helpful as posting here.

• Coach Natalie
    Options

@Another Stephen, when viewing your connection attempts from our end, I don't see a connection with Ally Bank since the 13th, which was 11 days ago. We need you to give the steps a fresh try:

1. Make all of your AllyBank accounts manual by following the steps here.
    2. Once you see the account(s) listed in the Manual Accounts section under Settings > Accounts, go back through the Add Account flow to reconnect to the bank.
    3. Carefully link the account(s) found to your existing Quicken Simplifi account(s) by following the steps here.

If the issue persists after doing so, we can review your case for escalation, but we do need you to establish a fresh connection first.

Thanks!

-Coach Natalie

• Another Stephen
    Options

I can assure you that I'm connecting and it says it's connected successfully and I've mapped the to the correct accounts. I can show you over a screen sharing session if that's an option. I've tired in both web and mobile by disconnecting and making them manual before re-authenticating with ally.

• Another Stephen
    Options

I did it again and took screenshots along the way. You'll see that when I'm linking the accounts, the account balances are there. but as soon as it's done connecting the account totals say $0.00 and the transactions are not synced

• Coach Natalie
    Options

@Another Stephen, thank you!

I'm wondering if something in your browser or on the bank's end is blocking the connection. I'd like to have you try a couple of things to see if we can get these connection attempts to show up on our end:

1. Sign in to the bank's website to see if there is an area for Linked Apps. I'm not sure that there will be since Ally Bank isn't an OAuth API bank, but let's double-check and have you revoke that access if possible.
    2. Try resetting the connection for the bank from a different browser.

Let me know once done and how things go!

-Coach Natalie

• Another Stephen
    Options

I did try a couple different browsers and devices already but I can try again… Tried again with the same result… I also just noticed that there are actually 0 new transaction on my entire Simplify account since April 13. Does that seems like it could be part of the problem? It's pretty concerning there are no errors when there should be several dozen transactions since then given we just go back from vacation so the chase credit card should have plenty of transaction from the past week.

• Coach Natalie
    Options

@Another Stephen, thanks for giving that a try!

I still don't see your attempts, so I'm not sure what could be going on there. But that's ok! Let's go ahead and get what you're seeing escalated. To do so, I need the following data:

1. A screenshot of the balances for each account on Ally Bank's website.
    2. The Date, Payee, and Amount of 3 example transactions that are currently missing in Quicken Simplifi. I see that you have multiple Ally Bank accounts, so we can just focus on your primary account for the escalation. With that, please specify which account the example transactions belong to.
    3. A screenshot of the example transactions from the bank's website.
    4. A screenshot of the corresponding register in Quicken Simplifi showing that the transactions are missing.

Please also submit your logs via the 'Send Feedback' option:

1. Log into the Quicken Simplifi Web App.
    2. Select Profile from the left-hand navigation bar.
    3. With the Profile menu open, hold down the Option key for Mac or the Alt key for Windows, and then click Send Feedback
    4. Leave all boxes checked, add a brief description of the issue, and then click Send.

Much appreciated!

-Coach Natalie

• Another Stephen
    edited April 26
    Options

report created - reference id 429945523849908736

I tried again to reconnect the bank account before sending the logs, so hopefully there's something there they can diagnose

I also include a link to this discussion in the issue summary

You'll see the account balance show 0.00 and there have been 0 transactions synced since April 12

• Mercs
    Mercs Member ✭✭
    Options

I'm having the same issue. No transactions for any of my accounts since the 13th of April. Nothing shows as disconnected, I've tried making accounts manual and reconnecting but nothing works. I know there is a known issue but it's frustrating to have no activity for so long.

• Coach Jon
    Coach Jon Moderator admin
    edited April 26
    Options

Hello @Another Stephen,

Thanks for the information. I would suggest contacting our support team directly to get this issue escalated, as I am unable to process escalations in the community today, and @Coach Natalie is out for today.  https://help.simplifimoney.com/en/articles/5077917-how-to-contact-support

Otherwise, you would have to wait until next week, when we have the ability to process escalations again here.

Thank you for your patience,

Coach Jon

• Another Stephen
    Options

@Coach Jon I've tried multiple times and they're way less helpful than posting here.

• Coach Jon
    Coach Jon Moderator admin
    Options

Hello @Another Stephen,

Thanks for the response. In that case, I would advise waiting for @Coach Natalie to get back. Thanks again for your patience.

-Coach Jon

• Coach Natalie
    Options

@Another Stephen, thanks for providing the requested information!

I have gotten your case escalated and will let you know if any further info is needed. I'd suggest following our Alert for updates now:

@Mercs, are you seeing the issue with Ally Bank specifically? If not, please create a separate post for the bank(s) you're seeing the issue with.

-Coach Natalie

CTP-9874

• Mercs
    Mercs Member ✭✭
    Options

It is all my accounts but Ally is one of them. Support was able to escalate I believe.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.