Connecting a Schwab 529 Account

Options
esender
esender Member ✭✭

I just opened a Schwab 529 account and I see it in my schwab portal alongside my other schwab accounts.

Unfortunately I do not see that same 529 account getting picked up by Simplifi. Is there a separate mechanism for Simplifi to pick up a Schwab 529 account? Or will Simplifi eventually pick it up after a little more time?

I would rather not reset my connection to Schwab or do anything drastic. I just want Simplifi to pick up a new account when it is added to my profile at Schwab.

Comments

• Coach Jon
    Coach Jon Moderator admin
    Options

Hello @esender,

Thanks for reaching out to the community! If your Schwab account is a new account that you just opened, it may not yet have the correct permissions to be shared with Quicken Simplifi and other third-party services. Have you verified on your bank's website that it is able to be shared?

Thanks,

Coach Jon

• esender
    esender Member ✭✭
    Options

It appears that the options for adding a schwab 529 account are limited to a non aggregator of "schwab.com" and another aggresgator of "aig.com"

I tried both, but the username and password failed. I think the issue is that schwab's 529 account is hosted byhttps://www.schwab529plan.com/

As for permission, yes there is a section

Options to add schwab accounts:

So I think the backend team needs to add schwab529plan.com as an option here.

• Coach Jon
    Options

Hello @esender,

Thanks for the reply. I would suggest trying the Charles Schwab 529 Plan instance in Quicken Simplifi but with your normal online banking credentials instead of aggregator credentials. Let us know if that works for you!

Thanks,

Coach Jon

• esender
    esender Member ✭✭
    Options

I already have this set up, as I use Schwab for my checking and investing. It is not picking up my 529…

• Coach Jon
    Options

Hello @esender,

Thanks for your reply! If that instance did not work for you, then I would suggest trying the Charles Schwab 529 Plan - Non-Aggregator instance and seeing if that works for you with your credentials. There are also specific criteria your account must meet to be able to get this account connected as well, so make sure that it does fit these criteria:

• You must be the owner of the account.
    • View-only users will not show up. Example: Your spouse has an account that they granted you access to view. You will see this account on the Charles Schwab website, but you will not be able to download it. This is because you can only download accounts you have legal ownership of.
    • Donor-Advised accounts will not be included for download.

Thanks,

Coach Jon

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.