The Net Worth report is not factoring the correct balance of one of my loans

Options
timhood
timhood Unconfirmed, Member
edited April 17 in Report a Bug

In the net worth report, the loan balance shows as less than $30K for my home loan. Consequently, the report is showing an incorrect total net worth. In the dashboard, where my loan balance is correct (>$100K), the net worth reported seems accurate and most closely resembles what was reported in Mint. How can I determine where the problem is and what needs to be fixed?

Tagged:

Best Answer

• timhood
    Answer ✓
    Options

Well, this is odd. I was fixing some uncategorized transactions and saw one transaction that I had entered for $10,000 to see if I could manually get the balances correct for an account. I deleted that transaction and fixed other uncategorized transactions (none of which applied to the loan with the incorrect balance in the net worth report), and when I later went back to the net worth report, the loan balance is now showing as correct. (It was not off by $10,000 before, but by well over $100K, so deleting that one $10,000 transaction wouldn't explain that).

Answers

• Coach Jon
    Coach Jon Moderator admin
    Options

Hello @timhood,

Thanks for reaching out! To help clarify your situation, have you imported Account Balance History at any point? Imported data will overwrite historical account balances that were pulled from Quicken Simplifi in the Net Worth Report. Please let us know!

Thanks,

Coach Jon

• timhood
    Options

I imported data from Mint. I thought that was just transactions. I'm new to Simplifi and trying to get my balances and net worth to match what I had in Mint, allowing for changes in account balances since the transition. All of the balances on the dashboard look correct. The only thing that appears to be incorrect is one mortgage balance. The balance is very low—if I had to guess, I would say that the net worth report is only counting transactions that are included in the history and not the original loan balance.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.