[Fidelity] Request failed with status code 500 Care Code: QCS-0500

Options
Cory Lewis
Cory Lewis Member

Unable to connect fidelity accounts (brokerage, IRA, roth-IRA). I receive the following error "Request failed with status code 500 Care Code: QCS-0500".

I am attempting to connect to:
Fidelity Inv & Retirement
https://nb.fidelity.com/public/nb/default/home

I have tried waiting 48hrs.

I have tried logging in at different times during the day - morning, afternoon, evening.

Screenshot included below.

Tagged:

Comments

• Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    Options

@Cory Lewis, thanks for reaching out to the Community regarding this issue!

Since Fidelity is one of our OAuth API banks, I'd suggest trying to connect from a different browser or in incognito/private mode in case something in your primary browser is blocking the authorization process.

Please let us know how it goes!

-Coach Natalie

• Cory Lewis
    Cory Lewis Member
    Options

@Coach Natalie when I attempt to sign in from an Incognito browser, I am able to sign in via Fidelity pop-up window, but when taken back to Simplify I remain at this page with a spinning wheel "securing connection" for 30+ minutes.

• Coach Natalie
    Options

@Cory Lewis, thanks for giving incognito a try and posting back!

Are you using a VPN or anything along those lines? Or are you perhaps using a restricted network? Have you checked your internet connection? Since we have plenty of users who are able to connect successfully to Fidelity in Quicken Simplifi, and with the particular behavior you're experiencing, I'm wondering if this is a network problem as opposed to a bank connection problem.

Please let us know so we can best assist!

-Coach Natalie

• millsmn
    millsmn Member ✭✭✭
    Options

I have a similar issue but only 1 of 12 Fidelity accounts will not reconnect even after going through the entire process. The Simplifi app presents a Success message, however I still get a message on the dashboard that one account needs to be reconnected.

• Coach Natalie
    Options

@millsmn, thanks for posting on this topic!

To clarify, are you receiving a QCS-0500 when connecting to Fidelity in Quicken Simplifi, or is something else going on? Are there any specific error codes you can provide?

Please let us know so we can best assist!

-Coach Natalie

• millsmn
    millsmn Member ✭✭✭
    Options

I get a Care 324 message

• Coach Natalie
    Options

@millsmn, thanks for confirming!

Are you experiencing the 324 error on a Fidelity HSA account? If so, this is a known issue that has already been escalated.

Let us know!

-Coach Natalie

• millsmn
    millsmn Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Yes it is the Fidelity HSA that gets the Care 324 message. Thanks

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.