Search transaction notes

Options
Thisisnatalie
Thisisnatalie Member
edited April 18 in Troubleshooting

I like to track what specific item(s) I bought and have been using the notes section for that because it would bloat the tags/categories section really fast so all the one-off types of purchases I make. However, there are some things I purchased multiple times and I'd like to do a search to see the different dates I bought them. Currently, the Notes of each transaction are very buried--you have to click into each transaction individually AND they're not searchable.

Would love to be able to type word into search and have it both search notes and show me, in the list of transaction results, a snippet of the note under each transaction where that word appears in the note

Tagged:

Comments

• Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    Options

@Thisisnatalie, thanks for reaching out to the Community!

I went ahead and moved this out of Feature Requests, as it looks like the ability to search transaction notes is already available in Quicken Simplifi, so I wanted to do some troubleshooting instead. This is what my results looked like when testing this on the Quicken Simplifi Web App, and I had the same results on the Mobile App:

With that, have you tried putting just "Rachael" in your search or anything along those lines? If not, I'd definitely suggest giving it a try, as well as trying to search for "Rae" if "Rachael" doesn't work for you.

Please let us know how it goes!

-Coach Natalie

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.