Sort Feature aka filters

Options
WishiLovedThisApp
edited April 19 in Bills and Income

When using the app (android) and I can only hope that the company makes it the same across all platforms....

When using the "filters" (three small horizontal lines with each having a small vertical line - as to represent a "filters" icon/button/switch - it is located next the Tue search bar - when you are looking at a specific account.

For example if I am looking at my personal checking account then under "Recent Activity/showing transactions since...."

How do I sort my account to ONLY show expenses? And to ONLY show deposits.

In the sort/filter feature, there is a pleathera of items from date range, bills, subscriptions, colors, tags, payees, and categories etc.....

Buy where the heck is the simple BUTTON or SIMPLE way to sort the account to only see "deposits" or see "expenses"????

Does this not exist, or am I on the small spectrum of dumb people that sometimes ONLY care to see their deposits or their expenses (without having to learn a whole new slew of functions and combination of commands within an app?

Just curious is this simple feature/filter is even available?

All the sorting features on the planet and Quicken has a ton of sorting/filtering.... But all I want is to simply sort a account by seeing all deposits or seeing all expenses.

Anyone know how to easily do this?

Tagged:

Best Answer

• DannyB
    DannyB Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

I don't think this is exactly what you are looking for, but you can select the "Sort by" filter "Amount Low to High" to see all your deposits first from highest to lowest amount followed by all your expenses lowest to highest amount. If you want to see your expenses first use "Amount High to Low."

Of course, sorting by amount will not respect the dates of the transactions, so there is that.

You can create a Feature Request post so the community can vote and bring this idea to the attention of the development team.

Danny
    Simplifi user since 01/22
    Budget: a mathematical confirmation of your suspicions.” ~A.A. Latimer

Answers

• WishiLovedThisApp
    Options

That worked. Ty. 🙏🏼

I didn't know that "amount low to high" and vice versa also included deposits/expenses in ascending/descending order etc.

Would have helped if they had a button for that.

But your help has been grateful. Ty.

Raul.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.