ALL Recurring Series disappeared for one account!!

Options
Flopbot
Flopbot Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
edited April 19 in Report a Bug

My 1 checking account ending 4071 and all my 7 savings accounts (8 total) with Flagstar Bank had - keyword had - twenty to thirty some Recurring Series scheduled to go in and out of it. I just noticed today that ALL OF THEM have disappeared! Recuring Series with other banks seem to be fine, just the ones with Flagstar have disappeared.

Recently, I added a Savings Account at this bank and renamed some others and, in the process of adding it to Simplifi, I used both of these buttons. At some point, I was prompted by a "we found some recurring transactions" prompt and I clicked no since they were in theory already in Simplifi. I remember questioning it at the time, but had to move on. I'm not sure if these two things are just coincidences or linked.

Any ideas? Anything I should troubleshoot?

Chris
Quicken Desktop user since 2014.
New to Simplifi in 2021.
Tagged:

Comments

• Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    Options

@Flopbot, thanks for posting — oh no!!

I'm honestly not sure what could have happened, but selecting to ignore the "we found some recurring transactions" prompt when adding a new account, even if it is with an existing bank in Quicken Simplifi, should not delete existing Recurring Transactions. In fact, I believe deleting a Recurring Transaction comes with a confirmation prompt, so Quicken Simplifi shouldn't be able to do so without you confirming regardless.

With that, have you checked the Mobile App to see if the issue is also present there? We could submit an escalation for you after obtaining some specific data, or you can also re-add the missing Recurring Transactions for a faster fix. I'm not sure what to offer as far as troubleshooting goes, aside from having you check the Mobile App and/or a different browser to make sure the issue is not specific to your primary browser or something along those lines.

We look forward to your reply!

-Coach Natalie

• Flopbot
    Flopbot Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

@Coach Natalie

Well, I ended up just biting the bullet and redoing them all. Ten hours later, I think I’ve got most of them back in Simplifi. In the end, it was a good practice in patience and it was sorta helpful to reconsider how I had them set up. If it happens again, I’ll definitely be escalating!!!

I suspect that it had more to do with me getting cocky and changing too many factors at once: account names, money transfers, Savings Goals, etc. I should have made smaller tweaks and waited for the dust to settle before making the next tweak.

Chris
    Quicken Desktop user since 2014.
    New to Simplifi in 2021.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.