Unable to connect to Edward Jones Canada account Care Code FDP-105 (edited)

Options
HWanless
HWanless Member

I have tried several times to connect to my Edward Jones account. From Simplifi I enter Edward Jones as a manual account, and then select the website that matches what I sign in with on the Edward Jones website. I put in my user id and password and the system processes for a minute or so, and then I get an error message 'Care Code FDP-105. I spoke with support and they said that this is a known problem and to wait and try again later. I have tried three times since over a 2 hour period. I can log into the Edward Jones account directly with the same credentials. Any other suggestions?

Comments

• Coach Jon
    Coach Jon Moderator admin
    Options

Hello @HWanless,

Thanks for reaching out! Quicken Simplifi presents this error when we're unable to connect to a specific bank. Usually, this occurs if the selected bank is throttling connection traffic, the bank's website or the URL we use to connect is unavailable, or they're completing maintenance on their services. However, you may be able to log into the bank's website successfully and still receive this error in Quicken Simplifi because Quicken Simplifi connects to your bank using a different server. Most of the time, this error resolves itself after 24-48 hours. However, if you continue to receive this error after 48 hours, please let us know.

Thanks,

Coach Jon

• HWanless
    HWanless Member
    Options

Thanks, I will try in 48 hours and let you know if there still is an issue.

Hugh

• HWanless
    HWanless Member
    Options

Hi Jon,

I tried again today, which is more than 48 hours since the first time, and I get the same error message. Any other suggestions?

Thanks,

Hugh

• Coach Jon
    Options

Hello @HWanless,

Thanks for letting us know and responding back! To further assist with this issue, could you supply the name of the account, as it appears in Quicken Simplifi?

Thanks,

Coach Jon

• HWanless
    HWanless Member
    Options

The account is: accountaccess.edwardjones.ca

This is the same account that I sign in directly to access my EJ account. I tried on Simplify just now and got the same error message, and then signed in directly my Edward Jones account.

Thanks,

Hugh

• Coach Jon
    Options

Hello @HWanless,

Thanks for the reply. Is the URL you gave the Account Name? If not, we will need the Account Name when you can provide it.

Thanks,

Coach Jon

• HWanless
    HWanless Member
    Options

Yes, the account name (company) is Edward Jones

Thanks,

Hugh

• Coach Jon
    Options

Hello @HWanless,

Thanks for the response. We will need the account name as it appears in Quicken Simplifi. Is the name of your account the URL you gave, or is it Edward Jones?

Thanks,

Coach Jon

• HWanless
    HWanless Member
    Options

Hi Jon,

I'm not sure of your question. 'The acount name as it appears in Simplify' is Edward Jones. This is the name that I type in the search bar and a number of different Edward Jones sites show up. I then select the url version mentioned earlier. Does this answer your question? I have several accounts within Edward Jones however I don't believe that is what you are looking for. If I have not answered the question, please clarify if you can.

Regards,

Hugh

• Coach Jon
    Options

Hello @HWanless,

Sorry for any confusion. We do not need the Financial Institution name or the URL. We need the name of the Account itself as it is displayed in Quicken Simplifi. If you wanted to provide a screenshot fo the account, that would be fine as well.

Thank You,

Coach Jon

• HWanless
    HWanless Member
    Options

Hello Jon,

This is the account that I am trying to open. If this is not the correct information, can you send me an example of what you are looking for?
    Thanks,

Hugh

• Coach Jon
    Options

Hello @HWanless,

Yes, of course, The name of the account as it appears in simplifi can be located in the Accounts list on your dashboard, as seen in this screenshot:

I hope this clears up any confusion!

Thanks,

Coach Jon

• HWanless
    HWanless Member
    Options

Hi Jon,

Okay, now I understand. I have tried two methods. The first was just to go to settings, and then accounts, and then try and add the account as a manual account. The second was to go to the Investments section of the Net Worth and try to add the account as an Investment account. Neither approach works, and I get the same result.

I did notice however that the account is now listed under my manual accounts listing. I have attached a screen shot. I hadn't noticed this before, and feel like it just happened recently. I tried doing a 'reset connection' for this account, and again I got the same error message. I have attached a screen shot.

• Coach Jon
    Options

Hello @HWanless,

Thanks for the information. One last thing I want you to try since the account is listed as a manual account is to use the Add Account flow to get a completely fresh connection. If the connection is successful, you'll then want to link the account to your existing Quicken Simplifi account. Let us know how that goes!

Thanks,

Coach Jon

• HWanless
    HWanless Member
    Options

Hi Jon,

I think that I already tried that. I tried again and no success. Here are the steps that I took: Settings → Accounts → +Accounts. Then I entered Edward Jones and used the same url as before. Same error message.

Is there a way for us to talk this through as, even though your turnaround is great, this problem has been going on for 10 days? A live session would be great however I don't know if that is an option.

Thanks,

Hugh

• Coach Jon
    Options

Hello @HWanless,

Thanks for the quick reply. If you need a live call, you can always contact our support team directly. https://help.simplifimoney.com/en/articles/5077917-how-to-contact-support

If you want to continue with us here, we can now escalate, since we have the name of the account as it appears in Quicken Simplifi. I just wanted to confirm if having a completely fresh connection would work here for you. Let us know what route you want to take!

Thanks,

Coach Jon

• HWanless
    HWanless Member
    Options

Hi Jon,

Thanks for the option. If you can escalate we will see where that goes!

Thanks,

Hugh

• Coach Jon
    Options

Hello @HWanless,

Thank you for your patience. We have escalated this issue for you and will provide updates as we receive them.

Thanks,

Coach Jon

Ticket: EWC - 11029300

• Coach Jon
    edited May 3
    Options

Hello @HWanless,

It looks like this is a Known Issue. We created an alert for this issue as we work to get this resolved. You can follow it here:

Thank you for your continued patience!

-Coach Jon

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.