Vanguard accounts do not update (Care: 102 error)

Options
Westwise
Westwise Member

For the last couple of weeks, all of my Vanguard accounts will not connect, with the following error:

Account needs attention

(Care: 102)

We are unable to connect to Vanguard Investment at this time. Please try again later.

If I try to reset the account, I get an error that "We're unable to establish a connection to your financial institution. Try again later. (102)"

Any solution for this?

Tagged:

Comments

• Coach Jon
    Coach Jon Moderator admin
    Options

Hello @Westwise,

Thanks for reaching out! Vanguard usually blocks traffic from Quicken Simplifi during peak hours like market open and close. Have you tried updating outside of market hours?

Thanks,

Coach Jon

• Westwise
    Westwise Member
    Options

Hi @Coach Jon,

Yes - tried at the middle of the night, tried during the day, tried on weekend. The issue has persisted for over a week.

• Coach Jon
    Options

Hello @Westwise,

Thanks for the reply! I would suggest making the accounts manual and then using the Add Account flow to get a completely fresh connection. If the connection is successful, you'll then want to link the accounts to your existing Quicken Simplifi accounts. Let us know how that goes!

Thanks,

Coach Jon

• Westwise
    Westwise Member
    Options

Hi @Coach Jon, looks like Add Account doesn't work, due to what's shown up in previous issues raised on here as throttling.

I'll give this a try later tonight, but this is disheartening.

• Coach Jon
    Options

Hello @Westwise,

Thanks for your response. I would agree to try again tonight after market close. Let us know if that works for you!

Thanks,

Coach Jon

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.