Missing Income Transaction

Options
dhpeter
dhpeter Member
edited April 23 in Troubleshooting

Hello,

I had a transaction I thought I had linked to a planned income, but now that planned income is saying PAST and i cannot find the transaction anywhere in my records, but it shows up fine through my banking website. Thoughts? I've searched everything, it is a reoccurring monthly payment and the last one i see is from March.

Tagged:

Comments

• Coach Jon
    Coach Jon Moderator admin
    Options

Hello @dhpeter,

Thanks for reaching out! I would suggest recreating the transaction in your register and then linking the PAST planned income to it. I am not sure why it would be missing from your register, but this should solve your issue.

Thanks,

Coach Jon

• RJ_
    RJ_ Member
    Options

I'm seeing the exact same issue (among other here lately). This 'bug' has happened twice now in the last ~45 days.

This is what I'm seeing:

1. I have a recurring income setup
      1. If the payment value amount isn't exact, it's never auto applied. (I've waited ~15 days to see if it will ever get auto applied)
      2. It's not 'pending' at my bank.
    2. I will manually apply the payment to the recurring from the transaction list.
      1. all is well… unit at a later point in time (maybe a refresh)
    3. Then the recurring will show "past" and the payment that was applied is GONE.
      1. Filters, and sort orders are NOT in effect.

• Coach Jon
    Options

Hello @RJ_,

Thanks for reaching out. Does this issue happen with any other Recurring series, or just for the Recurring Income you have set up? Completely deleting and recreating the Recurring Series may solve the issue here, if you would like to try that.

Thanks,

Coach Jon

• RJ_
    RJ_ Member
    Options

Here is an example

• RJ_
    RJ_ Member
    Options

Hello Jon,

It seems to happen on most recurring income, but I'm also seeing strange behavior in other areas. For example:

1. I will setup a reoccurring bill, it will go into effect say on May 3rd. Sometime the bill will show up in Planned spending sometimes not.
      1. I've waited days.
    2. I will setup a reoccurring subscription, something as above.
    3. I will setup a reoccurring subscription and it will be present under bills in planned spending.
      1. I've confirmed I don't have duplicated entrees.

The data problems have become such an issue, I recently "reset connection" with my bank accounts (BoA) and unfortunately it didn't make things any better. And as you know it's a LOT of work setting everything up again after a connection reset .

Slowly loosing confidence in the product, unfortunately.

• Coach Jon
    edited May 2
    Options

Hello @RJ_,

Thanks for the response. To help clarify your situation, could you please let us know how the screenshots you provided relate to the issue you described? From the screenshots, I can see a start date of August 31, 2024. I can also see this is labeled as Upcoming currently, so I am unsure how this relates to the issue described. I apologize for the confusion. Additionally, did you try completely deleting and recreating the Recurring Series, as mentioned previously?

Thanks,

Coach Jon

• RJ_
    RJ_ Member
    Options

Thanks Jon,

It's simply one example of the data issues I have been experiencing over the last ~1.5 months… See #3 in my last post. In this case a reoccurring subscription (clearly setup correctly - 2nd pic), that is displayed under Bills (1st pic) for that given month (August) spending plan. Does that seem right to you??

It's just one example of the data issues that cropped up WITH transaction not showing up in Simplifi and when manually entered and applied they completely disappear.

and to answer your question more directly.., I've not only tried deleting the series (sometimes all is well, but invariably it happens again to the same or another series. It's seems like it's a case of the whack-a-mole game) and recreating them but…

I've gone one step further, "the nuclear option" and performed a connection reset for the BoA account, which wipes anything that is tied to those accounts out of Simplifi. I have to set everything up again.

I've tried submitting a few times via the internal web support feature (to be fair, that may not be the correct place to make those submissions), but unfortunately I currently don't have the time to 'chase' all these different data issues directly with support.

• Coach Jon
    Options

Hello @RJ_

Thanks for the reply. Is the Recurring Subscription you set up also available in the Subscriptions tab of Planned Spending, or just Bills?

Thanks,

Coach Jon

• RJ_
    RJ_ Member
    Options

Hello Jon,

It appears correctly in subscriptions ( Bills & Payments » All Recurring » Subscriptions ) and is NOT present in Bills & Payments » All Recurring » Bills

• Coach Jon
    Options

Hello @RJ_,

Thanks for the reply. I apologize for the confusion, but you stated that the recurring subscription is NOT present in Bills, but is present in Subscriptions? I ask because the screenshot you shared previously shows that it is located in Bills. Please let us know, thanks!

-Coach Jon

• RJ_
    RJ_ Member
    Options

Hmmmm.

1. Spending Plan = Wrong (See 1st pics below) Bj's Wholesale Club Sub is setup as a subscription (See 2nd pic below) .
    2. Navigating to Bills & Payments » All Recurring » Subscriptions = Correct (See 2nd pic below) and is not present under Bills via Navigation.

I hope this is clearer, I'm really not sure how else to explain this.

• Coach Jon
    edited May 6
    Options

Hello @RJ_,

Thanks for the clarification! Is BJ's Wholesale Club Sub also showing under the Subscriptions tab in the Spending Plan?

Thanks,

Coach Jon

• RJ_
    RJ_ Member
    Options

No it wasn't. I have since deleted and recreated all the reoccurring subs that were listed as Bills in the spending plan (Bjs' Wholesale Club Sub was just one I focused on). Hopefully this will give me a few weeks/months until it starts screwing up again.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.