No balances, holdings, or transactions downloading for Thrivent Financial accounts (edited)

Options
gskluzacek
gskluzacek Member

I've successfully added an account to Simplifi for Thrivent Financial (thrivent.com)

I have several types of accounts and all of them did link and are shown in the Dashboard in Simplifi.

• a money market - shows up under Savings
  • an IRA - shows up under brokerage
  • a mutual fund - shows up under brokerage

There is 2 factor authentication for the account and I get prompted for how I want to receive the code - I select text message, and I get the code and can enter it just fine.

However, it appears to only be downloading the current balances of the accounts and no transactions or anything else for that matter. When I go to the transaction tab for each account, it shows:

Is there any way to know what Simplifi should be downloading for a given financial institute and type of account? How does one troubleshoot this? is there any kind of log that can be viewed?

I'd really like to be able to see the transactions in simplifi, such as:

• dividend reinvestments
  • long term capital gains reinvestments
  • deposits / additions to the accounts
  • withdrawals / deductions from the account

All of which I can see when I go to the Thrivent website.

Nothing shows under Investments → Portfolio → Holdings at all for my IRA account, but again, I can see it when I go to the Thrivent website.

Just having the balances is hardly worth the trouble of having the accounts linked and having to go through the 2 factor authentication and all…

Any help would be greatly appreciated as always.

— Greg

Comments

• Coach Jon
    Coach Jon Moderator admin
    Options

Hello @gskluzacek,

Thanks for reaching out! Have you tried resetting your filters? Additionally, If this is your first time downloading transactions for an account, it's important to know that banks place limitations on the amount of data you can download into Quicken Simplifi. Most banks allow you to download 90 days worth of data per account; if your missing transactions are more than 3 months old, they will not automatically download into Quicken Simplifi. Please let us know!

Thanks,

Coach Jon

• gskluzacek
    gskluzacek Member
    Options

@Coach Jon,

ok, so lets just take the Thrivent Money market account… at the end of each month the dividends paid on the balance get reinvested (i.e., the interest earned on the account for the month is deposited back into the account). Here are the list of transactions, so you can see that the last transaction was on 2024-03-28 for $644.69

When I look at the account in Simplifi, I only see one transaction, which was the initial deposit into the account from my Chase Savings account

details from the Thrivent money market side

details from the Chase Savings side

here are my settings for transaction history (set to all time (since 2019)) - I've tried setting the transaction history to just 2024 and it nothing shows (I get the No "transactions found. Try resetting filters or extending the date range" message) and if I set it to 2023, I just see the 1 transaction shown above from the chase savings side.

here are my filter settings (which I had previously reset, prior to taking the Thrivent Money Market transaction history screen shot above).

FYI… Thriven is not a bank, it is a Investment Service that offers investments from Money Markets, to Mutual funds to Managed Brokerage Accounts.

Is there any way to ask the development team what functionality the Thrivent Financial institution provides? I would think it should be able to download transactions… but who knows maybe Thrivent changed something on its side and its integration is broken? How can we check this?

• gskluzacek
    gskluzacek Member
    Options

sorry, I don't know why the screen shots came in so skinny and long…

• Coach Jon
    Coach Jon Moderator admin
    Options

Hello @gskluzacek,

Thanks for the reply! I would suggest resetting your account connections via the instructions here: https://help.simplifimoney.com/en/articles/4857199-how-to-reset-your-account-connections#h_7f8fc15a86

Let us know if this resolves your issue!

Thanks,

Coach Jon

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.