How to reverse out fraudulent credit card charges from credit card account?

Options
dna1011
dna1011 Unconfirmed, Member
edited April 29 in Troubleshooting

How do I reverse out fraudulent credit card charges so they don't show in my Simplifi budget plan?

Comments

• Flopbot
    Flopbot Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

@dna1011,

You could just mark this box on the transaction. By checking this, the amount becomes invisible to the Spending Plan. If you don’t want it to show up in Reports either, check that as well. Also, if the original transaction and the refund transaction have the same Category, then the two transactions will effectively zero each other out as long as they both occur in the same month.

Chris
    Quicken Desktop user since 2014.
    New to Simplifi in 2021.
  • ajbopp
    ajbopp Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Assumingthe credit card institution is not going to hold you responsible for the fraudulent charge, a credit to your account will be made, so you can use the Track A Refund feature in Quicken Simplifi to correct things.

Anthony Bopp
    Simplifi User Since July 2022
    Money talks. But all my paycheck ever says is goodbye

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.