How is the best way to handle a CD in Simplifi

Options
N4KHQ
N4KHQ Member ✭✭✭✭

I just moved some money into a CD. I have 4 accounts with Truist now. Checking, Money Market, Investment, and CD. The CD is showing when I login to the Bank but not showing in Simplifi. It's not a big deal, I think it is just a fixed amount until it matures and I assume different banks provide Simplifi different or no information on CD. How is the best way to handle CD in Simplifi. Would resetting the account pick it up?

Tagged:

Best Answer

• SRC54
    SRC54 Member ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

I think you could set up the CD as a new Savings Account and let Simplifi connect to your bank using your credentials. It might then pick it up; if you get the "No other Accounts Found at this Bank", then just proceed as a manual account. Having a manual account would at least keep track of the money you have in the CD in Simplifi. When it matures, you can move it back over to your Money Market and add the interest there.

Steve
    Quicken Simplifi Since 2021
    MS Money/Quicken Classic Since 1991

Answers

• N4KHQ
    N4KHQ Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

I added the bank again and it showed up under savings. Thanks

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.