How do I identify a credit card payment on a manual account?

Options
Lee123
Lee123 Member

I have been manually entering transactions on a credit card account that would not connect. I was able to enter a balance adjustment for the starting balance and all the transactions. I cannot identify how to enter the credit card payment I've made to bring the credit card balance down on my Quicken account. What steps do I need to take?

Tagged:

Best Answer

• Wedo778
    Wedo778 Member ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

When you add the transaction, you have to begin the amount with a + so that it changes the balance in the correct direction.

Answers

• DannyB
    DannyB Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Just a thought, but have you considered using one of your credit cards that does connect with Simplifi?

Danny
    Simplifi user since 01/22
    Budget: a mathematical confirmation of your suspicions.” ~A.A. Latimer
  • Lee123
    Lee123 Member
    Options

@DannyB I would prefer to use this card even though I need to enter manually as I am getting 10%+ rewards in the categories that I'm spending on.

• DannyB
    DannyB Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Wow - 10%+! That's incredible.

Can you download your transactions as a CSV file so you can import via CSV into Simplifi?

As far as I understand it, a manual cc account should act like any other cc account as far as receiving transfers from another account in QS.

Did you add your payment as a matched transfer from the account you paid out of?

Danny
    Simplifi user since 01/22
    Budget: a mathematical confirmation of your suspicions.” ~A.A. Latimer

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.