If you could be an animal for a day, which would you choose?

Options
Coach Jon
Coach Jon Moderator admin
edited May 7 in The Water Cooler

Everyone has a favorite animal, but that does not necessarily mean everyone wants to become that animal! If you had the choice to become any animal for a day, what animal would you choose?

For me, I think I would have to go with the Peregrine Falcon. To be able to zoom through the skies and see everything in perfect clarity would be awesome!

What animal would you choose?

Comments

• DannyB
    DannyB Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Ok, @coach Jon, let me let me think about this for a minute or two………… alrighty then, hang on to your Peregrine Falcon wings…. and here we go!

Are you going to do some sort of mind transference into animal of your choice for one day? I ask because if you simply become the animal of choice for a day and then you return to your human animal self, you won't have any memory of the day you spent as the animal of choice since your becoming that animal made you that animal of choice and not just your consciousness living in the shell of the animal of choice since such a transference would be less than all it means to be the animal of choice.

And if this is some type of transference what happens to the consciousness already innately present in the animal of choice?

Or is this some sort of transformation into the animal of choice by which your current human animal body metamorphosizes into the animal of choice? As with the above possibility, does this transformation include the consciousness used to make this choice or do you become in every way the animal of choice with no element of the human animal consciousness present since that is not part of what being the animal of choice would be to truly be the animal of choice?

In other words, if you indeed became the animal of choice would you know that you had become the animal of choice since you have become the animal of choice? This being the case, how do you know now whether or not you indeed haven't already spent a day as your animal of choice and you are not aware of the experience since as the animal of choice you did not have the capacity to know that you weren't really the animal of choice?

😶😏😁🤣😎

With all that in mind, I think I would pick one of the soaring birds, perhaps a bald eagle soaring over the landscape. 🦅

Danny
    Simplifi user since 01/22
    Budget: a mathematical confirmation of your suspicions.” ~A.A. Latimer
  • RobWilk
    RobWilk Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

I'm assuming i'd still have to be alive at the end of the day…

At first, I thought being a Dog would be great, but then i remembered some cultures eat dogs…

I do think it may be safe to say "Cat", though, because i'm not sure i am aware of a culture that eats cats (though i have heard cat guts are used to make instruments, so there may be an issue with life safety there)

Still, between that and being out in the jungle, I think I like my odds as a cat.

My college (alma-mater) mascot is in the Cat family.

Rob Wilkens

• Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin
    Options

Assuming that I'd retain my memories from my day as an animal, and assuming I'd still be alive at the end of it, I think I'd want to be a cheetah. And it's not because I'm borderline obsessed with cats! Cheetahs can run up to 80 mph, and they're the fastest land animal. I'd be running around enjoying my speed all day!

• UrsulaA
    UrsulaA Superuser ✭✭✭✭
    Options

I am with @DannyB - I will be a bald Eagle with perfect eye sight and not afraid of heights. I now use glasses and falling from high places scares me.

Simplifi User Since Nov 2023

Minter 2014-2023

Questionable Excel before 2014 to present

• Flopbot
    Flopbot Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Anything with wings! But, preferably something at the top of the food chain so I could make it for the full 24 hours.

Chris
    Quicken Desktop user since 2014.
    New to Simplifi in 2021.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.