Networth report is not wrong. Does not match correct dashboard value

Options
Another Stephen
Another Stephen Member ✭✭
edited May 8 in Report a Bug

Screenshot from Reports → Networth → Debt → Home section

Both mortgages are from the same bank, but one keep flip flopping from roughly +250K to -99K. I have no idea where the +250 is coming from, but it's pretty annoying that it's making my networth report off by 350K.

The dashboard networth and account value have always been correct.

Any idea why this happening or how to fix it?

Thanks

Tagged:

Comments

• Coach Jon
    Coach Jon Moderator admin
    Options

Hello @Another Stephen,

Thanks for reaching out! To help clarify the situation, are you seeing this problem only in the web application, or is it also showing on the mobile application? If you try signing out of the web application and signing back in, does the issue still appear?

Thanks,

Coach Jon

• Another Stephen
    Options

It appears on both web and mobile. Signing out and back in didn't make a difference. Thanks

• Coach Jon
    Options

Hello @Another Stephen,

Thanks for the reply. Have you ever imported account balance history in Quicken Simplifi?

Thanks,

Coach Jon

• Another Stephen
    Options

I have not

• Another Stephen
    Options

I transactions from mint back in November when I started using simplify. All of the data since then has been collected via simplify

• Coach Jon
    Options

Hello @Another Stephen,

Thanks for the reply. Importing from Mint may have caused the issue, possibly. Do you know your balance history, or can you access your balance history for that account? You can try re-importing the balance history using our template. https://help.simplifimoney.com/en/articles/8912157-how-to-import-account-balance-history

Let us know if that works for you!

Thanks,

Coach Jon

• Another Stephen
    Options

That doesn't make any sense to me. I said that I did NOT import balance history. only transaction history, and that doesn't even apply to the mortgages because they're not supported, so NOTHING was imported for these accounts. ALL the data for these accounts has been pulled in by Simplify…

• Coach Jon
    Options

Hello @Another Stephen,

Thanks for the reply! I can say that loan accounts are supported for importing historical balances in Quicken Simplifi. There was a bug where they were not, but that has since been fixed. If you can import the historical balance now, this could be an immediate solution for you. Let us know!

-Coach Jon

• Another Stephen
    Options

I don't want to manually import historical balances, I want quicken to pull the correct current values from the account. If I wanted to do things manually, I'd be using spreadsheets...

• Coach Jon
    Options

Hello @Another Stephen,

Thanks for the response. To help clarify the situation a bit, from the screenshot you only have one of the mortgage accounts circled. Is that the only account with the issue? Additionally, are you showing the default range of the last 6 months in your screenshot?

While I understand that you do not want to import the historical balance, please be aware that doing so would be a potential immediate solution to the problem being seen here, as it would get things correct up to now in the account, and allow you to keep an eye on things going forward.

The other option would be to delete and recreate the account and then import the balance history so that you have a completely fresh account, as this may increase the odds of it staying fixed. Let us know if this all makes sense.

Thanks,

Coach Jon

• DannyB
    DannyB Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hi @Another Stephen

I've been checking in on this conversation over the last couple of days. I'm a user like yourself.

I'm wondering what the balance in the actual mortgage account is doing. Is the actual balance consistent month to month? Since this is a connected account my assumption is that the account balance is what the bank is reporting and not jumping up and down by $350,000.

Never mind the last… I just reread your original post 🤦‍♂️

How are your payments being handled in in QS? Is there something going on with how these transfers are being handled in QS? I'm having a hard time imagining this as a problem here since the disparity of the balance showing up in the Reports>Net Worth>Debt>Home section is so extreme. But that's something that comes to mind that I'd check anyway.

I have no idea why, if, or how this might have anything to do with this since the home equity account shouldn't be affected by or affect the mortgage loan accounts in QS. But just for fun, is the balance of Reports>Net Worth>Assests>Real Estate>[home equity manual account] doing anything weird? Again, I suspect not since you indicate the dashboard net worth is reporting correctly.

Yeah, I'm not getting anything here. The number reported here should be the balance of your actual account at the end of each month and in two of the 6 months showing the correct balance is reported here.

Something happened in November that affected this reported balance and whatever it was repeated in December. What was different about January and February that led to reporting the correct balance but then happened again to through off March and April?

I think that is why @Coach Jon is persisting with the balance import back at the beginning since that is where the problem first shows up.

I didn't do any importing of historical data for any of my accounts besides the 90 days downloaded directly from my banks when I first connected so I haven't had any experience with importing csv files.

I know @UrsulaA did a lot of work with importing from Mint so she may have some insights… tagging her will draw her attention to this thread 😁

Sorry to see you are having this problem and look forward to seeing when it gets fixed.

Danny
    Simplifi user since 01/22
    Budget: a mathematical confirmation of your suspicions.” ~A.A. Latimer
  • Another Stephen
    Options

All good questions. I also can't think of how it's off my so much. All the assets are correct. Looks like it may have been fixed again today somehow with no explanation. Hopefully it stays fixed this time 🤞

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.