Mirror Savings Buckets that are enabled at the bank level in Simplifi (edited)

Options
SimplyB33
SimplyB33 Member
edited December 2021 in Feature Requests
A lot of banks have added buckets to their accounts similar to the ones on Simplifi (setting aside money virtually although not actually moving it). My Ally Financial has this and I love it. I wish there was a way that I could see them in Simplifi. Now, I'm essentially I'm duplicating the savings allocations in two places which is annoying. 
10 votes

Active · Last Updated

Comments

• Dan-in-Virginia
    Dan-in-Virginia Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Ally Savings Account "Buckets" are named goals that can be contributed to on an automatic % basis (as funds are added to the savings account) or manually. This is to create a savings goal based on an existing buckets which show the current amount saved. Users would then be able to add the target amount for saving in Simplifi for a given goal.

• ekyzivat
    Options

Ditto- this would make use of existing features we already update in external banks like Ally.

• FutureEye
    FutureEye Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hi @SimplyB33 ,

This is something I was looking for as well today. I was discussing this today.

Thanks to @Humanleg86 - we have a work around

“No way through Savings goals, but…..You could setup a recurring transfer and apply a tag to that recurring transfer then have a watchlist based on said tag. In this case your watchlist becomes your "goal".”

Note: Thanks to Coach Nicole for brining this discussion and mine together.

• Proche
    Proche Member
    Options

Currently In Intuit Credit Karma they support an ability to track the separate Savings accounts called "vaults" for my Sofi Savings account.

It appears there may be logic that is reading transactions with the "vault name" and creating a sub savings account with the name and keeping track of the amount transferred. Is this possible to be added to Simplifi?