Account Auto-Refresh Not Happening on Login?

Hackstar18
Hackstar18 Member
edited July 17 in Troubleshooting

I'm not sure why this isn't working, so I'm hoping someone with a bit more knowledge may be able to assist as the chat help advice I got left something to be desired. For some reason over the last several days, when I log into Simplifi my accounts are not automatically refreshing as supposed to - it just sits idle. The only way any of my accounts will update now is if I manually click the refresh button which works without issue, every transaction downloads and is up to date as it should be, but it just doesn't auto-update. I suppose file this one under the "mild-inconvenience" category…

Chat help when I asked (ticket 11044018 for anyone on Quicken team that may be able to look further into it) thought it might have something to do with the browser I'm using, but I've tried with both Chrome (Version 124) and OSX Safari (17.4.1) and same result occurs. The coach help suggested doing a video capture of the issue that could be sent in, but I don't exactly understand how I would capture video of something that just isn't happening, so instead turning to the community. Has anyone ever encountered this before or know what might trigger it? This just happened out of the blue so if this is a personal setting or something changed, I have no idea what I might have done to cause it.

Comments

• RobWilk
    RobWilk Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭

Are you aware that refreshes happen at most once every 4-5 hours, and any kind of refresh will not happen any closer in time to that window?

Rob Wilkens

• Coach Jon
    Coach Jon Moderator admin

Hello @Hackstar18,

Thanks for reaching out! Your accounts will automatically refresh when you sign into Quicken Simplifi, however, Quicken Simplifi will only connect with your bank for new transactional and balance data once every 4-6 hours.

If one or more of your accounts haven't updated in over 24 hours there might be an issue that needs to be fixed or you may need to reset your connection.

Thanks,

Coach Jon

• Hackstar18
    Hackstar18 Member

I am aware of this, however I only sign into Simplifi once per day and almost always wait roughly 24 hours between sign-ins. The auto-refresh though never seems to trigger and the manual refresh is the only way new transactions or balance data is coming in since then.

I have tried reconnecting each of my accounts, but thus far I haven't seen a difference. The only updates I see made anywhere are after triggering the manual refresh button.

• RobWilk
    RobWilk Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 9

It's working for me and has for three years. I'm curious if you have something like a VPN (officially not supported) or some kind of extension enabled in your browser that prevents scripts from running fully (such as an antivirus thing or ad blocker). If so, I'd experiment with turning those off to see if any of that corrects this.

EDIT: But keep in mind wait 4-6 hours if you recently synced.

Rob Wilkens

• UrsulaA
    UrsulaA Superuser ✭✭✭✭

I noticed this behavior since version 4.8. I have to manually press refresh when I log in to updated transactions. I am using the web app on Windows 10 and Microsoft Edge.

Simplifi User Since Nov 2023

Minter 2014-2023

Questionable Excel before 2014 to present

• Coach Natalie
    Coach Natalie Administrator, Moderator admin

Hey everyone, I've been noticing this issue as well, particularly when I first sign in each morning, as I've had to use the manual refresh button to get new transactions to download. I set a reminder for tomorrow morning so I can get a video of the behavior when I first sign in, and then I'll get a ticket filed.

Thanks for bringing this to our attention — I thought it was just me!

-Coach Natalie

• RobWilk
    RobWilk Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭

Mine (just for the record) seems to be auto-updating. I didn't hit manual refresh at all today, and if i hit manual refresh now it just dismisses without refreshing. My transactions are all up to date (last downloaded transaction was dated yesterday, which is right).

Rob Wilkens

• Hackstar18
    Hackstar18 Member

I do have Adblock Plus installed on Chrome which the auto-refresh always worked previously with it enabled, will have to try it disabled on my next attempt though as I tried another connection refresh this afternoon to see if it made a difference but ran it before I saw this suggestion to turn off first. OSX Safari though as I have been trying it I run extension free (and no VPN on either browser) so I don't have any guesses on that one.

Glad I'm not crazy and there is at least one other person out there with this!

• Coach Natalie

I went ahead and got a ticket filed for this. I will let you all know as updates are received!

-Coach Natalie

SIMPL-20974

• UrsulaA
    UrsulaA Superuser ✭✭✭✭

Thanks for filing the ticket @Coach Natalie . The mobile app (I use an Android device, mobile app version 5.4.1) refreshes upon login, the web app is the only one having the issue.

Minter 2014-2023

• Hackstar18
    Hackstar18 Member

Thank you so much! Just as brief update from the other check I said I'd do, for Chrome at least disabling Adblock Plus had no effect on allowing the auto-refresh to start up.

• Coach Natalie

Great news! A fix for this is expected with the 4.11.0 Web Release.

-Coach Natalie

• Hackstar18
    Hackstar18 Member

Sounds like a little bit of a ways off yet with 4.9 being current version, but any progress is good progress!

• Charles Collins
    Charles Collins Member ✭✭✭

Yes same problem for more than a week now.

• Coach Natalie

Hey everyone, this appears to be fixed! I logged into two different datasets on the Web App this morning, and both refreshed automatically. 🥳

-Coach Natalie

• Hackstar18
    Hackstar18 Member

Yep no problems here anymore!!!

• UrsulaA
    UrsulaA Superuser ✭✭✭✭

Yes, this issue is fixed for me

Minter 2014-2023

• RobWilk
    RobWilk Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭

Okay, I believe since this has been "fixed" it's been broken for me. Today, again, I had to manually refresh. I logged in, it didn't refresh (it was obvious, because over the weekend chase accounts have strange balances due to issues with them), I clicked refresh eventually, and it went into a long refresh cycle (updating everything).

Rob Wilkens

• Coach Natalie

@RobWilk, I'm not seeing any issues with the Web App auto-refreshing upon login. Have you tried from a different browser or anything along those lines?

Please let us know so we can best assist!

-Coach Natalie

This discussion has been closed.