Unable to create a Linked Transfer from some accounts (edited)

Chrobrego
Chrobrego Member ✭✭✭
edited August 15 in Report a Bug

I made a $400 payment on the Citi website to come from my checking. I went into my checking on Simplifi and recorded a transfer of $400 to my Citi card. Simplifi gave me an error saying 'transaction could not be made.' I made it on my phone app and it recorded, but something is weird and it disappeared by itself soon after. Anyway, I'm just trying to pay my Citi card from my checking. Why can't I?

Comments

• RobWilk
    RobWilk Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭

I mostly use the web app. When I do a manual transfer (later to be matched to a downloaded transaction) i usually get a "Warning!" (scary!) saying that the "other side of the transaction was not found and will be created if i continue" which is exactly what I want it to do. I would prefer it gave a warning when it -did- match something, because that is usually wrong.

Rob Wilkens

• RobWilk
    RobWilk Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 14

Now today I'm having a similar problem making a transfer from the desktop, it won't work, I'm getting the following:

For me this only happens when i transfer from savings to checking

If I transfer from Checking to at least one credit card it works.

Rob Wilkens

• RobWilk
    RobWilk Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 14

@Coach Natalie @Coach Jon — Two people (myself included) reporting problems entering transfers (in my case, it's only certain accounts), this needs a 'fast fix' because it breaks basic usability of the app.

Rob Wilkens

• Coach Jon
    Coach Jon Moderator admin

Hello @Chrobrego and @RobWilk,

Thanks for letting us know! I was unable to replicate this behavior on our side. I would try using a different browser/incognito mode to see if that works for you. Let us know!

Thanks,

Coach Jon

• RobWilk
    RobWilk Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭

@Coach Jon Neither chrome incognito mode NOR Safari solved the problem. This is a serious problem and affects only certain account(s). I will note that the transfer downloaded from the bank and is there now, but the manual transfer transaction cannot be entered.

Rob Wilkens

• Coach Jon

Hello @RobWilk,

Thanks for the reply. May we have the names of the accounts and banks you are trying to create the manual transfers for that are not working? I would also suggest that you try creating a linked transfer using these three ways so we can narrow down what may be occuring.

1. Create a manual transaction in both accounts and leave them both uncategorized, then change the category to the other account for one of them.
    2. Create a manual transaction in one account and leave it uncategorized. Then change the category to the other account so that you can be prompted to create the other side.
    3. Create a manual transaction in one account, using the other account for the category, and then save it so that you can be prompted to create the other side.

Let us know if these work for you!

Thanks,

Coach Jon

• RobWilk
    RobWilk Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭

Accounts:

From: CHASE SAVINGS bank name CHASE (or perhaps JP Morgan Chase formally)

To: TOTAL CHECKING bank name CHASE (or perhaps JP Morgan Chase formally)

Test transfer $100 as a direct created linked transfer

Trying #1: This works

Trying #2: This works

Trying #3: THIS IS WHAT WAS FAILING, Trying now: Still, this fails, done from savings side to checking, now trying it reverse: From the checking side making the transfer works, from the savings side making the transaction fails with the above image error i sent earlier.

Rob Wilkens

• Coach Jon
    edited May 15

Thanks @RobWilk,

Can you let me know what Browser and OS you use so I may get this issue reported?

Additionally can you please send logs? The directions for sending logs are found below:

1. Log into the Quicken Simplifi Web App.
    2.  Select Profile from the left-hand navigation bar.
    3.  With the Profile menu open, hold down the Option key for Mac or the Alt key for Windows, and then click Send Feedback.
    4.  Leave all boxes checked, add a brief description of the issue, and then click Send.

-Coach Jon

• RobWilk
    RobWilk Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭

report created - reference id 432802138304769281

Browser - Tried Chrome and Safari on MacOS

Rob Wilkens

• Coach Jon

Hello @RobWilk,

I appreciate your patience! We have reported this issue and will be sure to post any updates we receive on this issue here as we get them.

Thanks,

Coach Jon

Ticket: SIMPL-21077

• Coach Jon

Hello @RobWilk,

I am here with an update on this issue! A fix is scheduled to be implemented for Quicken Simplifi Web Version 4.16.0. Be sure to let us know if its working when that version releases for you.

Thanks,

Coach Jon

• Coach Jon
    edited July 15

Hello @RobWilk,

Now that Quicken Simplifi Web Version 4.16.0 is out, the fix should be applied. Can you please let us know if this issue is resolved for you? Be sure to verify you are on that version.

Thanks,

Coach Jon

• RobWilk
    RobWilk Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭

YES! It's working :-)

Just earlier last week I tried and it did not work. It's working now.

Pass along my Thanks!

Rob Wilkens

This discussion has been closed.