Selection by a date range

chef
chef Member
edited June 20 in Report a Bug

Two crucial features that seem to be missing, according to Help Desk:

1. Is there really no way to search for a date range in Transaction Activity? I see you can search for more than or less than a time period with syntax (which in itself is needlessly technical, compared to just a calendar menu), but there doesn't seem to be a way to select a range?!
  2. Is there really no way to select multiple transactions aside from manually selecting each one or selecting the upper-left square radio button? In many DBMS, you can select the top-most transaction, hold down the shift key, and then select the bottom-most transaction, and that selects everything in between

The sum of this is that I find it extremely surprising that you make it so you have to manually select for 60 separate transactions to get a specific date range. I get that this isn't a professional tool, but this seems like a pretty central concept to digital bookkeeping. Am I missing something?

Thank you

Tagged:

Best Answers

Answers

• DannyB
    DannyB Superuser ✭✭✭✭✭

@chef

Would you be willing to make this a feature request?

It may need to be two separate requests:

1. Search for a date range could be added to the Filters menu with a date range picker like we find in Reports.
    2. Seems like this should be a default ability as it is in just about every app I've ever used. Click on the first item scroll to the end of the items you want to select hold down shift and click to select all and by the same token, use the control key to select multiple items but not all items between.

Danny
    Simplifi user since 01/22
    Budget: a mathematical confirmation of your suspicions.” ~A.A. Latimer
This discussion has been closed.